Discussion Archive: March 2010

31 Mar 2010 - 7:59pm
+2
4 years ago
14 replies
Dave Cortright

elegant.ly: LinkedIn for designers

Jason Putorti—the ex-lead designer for mint.com—is launching a "network of design and user experience professionals for lead referrals to Internet startup companies. " It sounds like LinkedIn for desginers to me, although he is smartly leveraging your existing LinkedIn profile: You'll need one to sign up.

It's too soon to say how valuable this will be, but it can't hurt to sign up. right? Plus, I want to support him in his role as "Designer in Residence" at a VC. I think more VCs should have designers on the payroll.

http://elegant.ly

31 Mar 2010 - 5:13pm
4 years ago
7 replies
Terms:
Carrie Ford Hilliker

On the hunt for fantastic html/jquery/css experts...

Does anyone have suggestions? I'm specifically in need of a developer for a current project, with potential for more in the future. Location is not an issue as I work remotely 100% of the time.

Thanks!

31 Mar 2010 - 7:04am
4 years ago
3 replies
Terms:
Maurice

30 Mar 2010 - 5:44pm
Terms:
tony

IA wiki was down?

Hi all,

At this moment, I'm trying to find some references on the IA wiki mentioned on the book.

However, I couldn't access at both "iawiki.net" and "iawiki.org".

And I got a bad news with Googling; http://www.info-arch.org/lists/sigia-l/0711/0077.html

Was it down in 2007, already? Anybody who has the archive? We might lose one of important resources.

Do you have any information about IA wiki? Thank you in advance.

Tony

30 Mar 2010 - 12:45pm
4 years ago
3 replies
Matey Odonkor

What tool to use for converting websites to mobile

At the IxDA Vancouver '09 conference, someone gave a demo of an application they were building that can be used to convert and prepare a website for use/view on a mobile phone—can someone give any info about this group, links? Also, if you know of any open source tools out there that can achieve the same goal, please share. Thanks

30 Mar 2010 - 11:43am
4 years ago
13 replies
Terms:
thepofo

UPA: The Usability Professionals' Association

Hi,

Does anyone know this site and the quality of their work: http://www.usabilityprofessionals.org/ they charge $100 / year for membership an I wondered if this be a nice addition to the IxDA membership.

Their site doesn't look that userfriendly, but they have a lot of activities and a printed magazine.

Feedback appreciated.

Eric

30 Mar 2010 - 11:08am
+1
4 years ago
4 replies
Terms:
Maurice

30 Mar 2010 - 8:43am
4 years ago
1 reply
tbanzato

Flash Video Players

Hi all,

Is there any patterns or best practice examples for flash video players on corporate sites?
We are running out a project on the company I work for and one of the assets will be the development of a new universal player for the company site, so it would be good to see if anyone have done any study or have any examples in place already.

Thanks a lot.

30 Mar 2010 - 8:41am
+1
4 years ago
2 replies
Ahmed Bassel

Software development house & Usability!

What is your experience in applying usability practices with 3rd party software development house? 

Assuming you are the UX guru in a software development house, who do the development for other companies. How do you or can you apply the UCD methods and usability practices?