Discussion Archive: April 2010

30 Apr 2010 - 9:32pm
Chris McLay

Re: [IxDA] UX résumés- what does yours look like?

Wow. This is a timely discussion as I spent most of the week considering how to sell myself and how to re-write my resume to make it easier to read and make it more appealing.

I’ve done a reasonable amount of hiring in the last few years and I used this experience as a driver for my reworking. When you receive a stack of 20+ resumés you have to sort through them quickly, and for me if I couldn’t quickly see that someone “gets” UX then it was quickly in the out pile. Then I looked for a balance of skills that I/we needed, e.g.

30 Apr 2010 - 5:40pm
4 years ago
2 replies
jmbanks

Out of Office Replies?

Just a quick post - I replied to an active thread via the website this afternoon, and now I'm being inundated with out-of-office replies sent directly to me (I've logged 26 so far).

Is this a bug?

Regards,
Jason 

30 Apr 2010 - 5:02pm
4 years ago
1 reply
Praveen Babu

User Research for IA

I am working on a Information Architecture oriented project.

I would want to know the view of experts on what would be the sample head count to do perform a User research for an information oriented business application.

30 Apr 2010 - 2:00pm
SemanticWill

[Events] Enterprise Search Summit, NYC, May 11-12

If you are an experience design professional passionate about Search, you must attend the Enterprise Search Summit in NYC May 11-12. I have spoken on designing social search in the enterprise as well as designing search experiences a few times at this conference – and it really is the best conference around this problem space. Our good friend Peter Morville will be one of the keynote speakers talking about Search & Discovery Design Patterns. Again - this is pretty cool.

30 Apr 2010 - 1:56pm
Andrew Gill

Re: [IxDA] UX résumés- what does yours look l ike?

I like and use ceevee.com

Does exactly what it says on the tin.

Best, Andy Linkstream - SEO Web App ------Original Message------ From: Mike Dunn Sender: ixdaor@host.ixda.org To: Andy Home ReplyTo: discuss@ixda.org Subject: Re: [IxDA] UX résumés- what does yours look l ike? Sent: 30 Apr 2010 19:41

Thanks for all of the kind words, folks.

30 Apr 2010 - 1:32pm
3 years ago
14 replies
Terms:
twarita

Online UX Portfolio - Conflict of Interest?

Hi fellow designers,

There have been some interesting discussions about UX resumes recently, and along similar lines, I had some questions about online UX portfolios.

30 Apr 2010 - 9:00am
DrWex

Re: [IxDA] Re: [IxDA] IXDA notifictions - privacy issue

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 7:58 PM, natobasso wrote: > I posted to one of the "We are revamping our home page..." discussion posts > and started getting these Out of Office messages. I'm working with Matt to > try to solve too. Very annoying! I have a feeling there was some virus in > the code that was posted that is now scraping all user email addresses from > IXDA and sending everyone spam messages.

Please let's not engage in fear-mongering. Out of Office auto-replies are a normal part of email these days.

30 Apr 2010 - 8:03am
4 years ago
4 replies
zakiwarfel
30 Apr 2010 - 12:24am
4 years ago
21 replies
Terms:
Mike Dunn

UX résumés- what does yours look like?

I've been aggressively job-hunting lately, and a couple of weeks ago I decided to revise the tired old résumé I had been sending out- I felt it didn't really represent me well anymore. Instead of just swapping templates or just changing a few lines or adding new positions, I treated it like I would any other UX project.

29 Apr 2010 - 10:51pm
+3
4 years ago
12 replies
Dave Malouf

An open letter to the IxDA Community

[I posted this originally on my blog, but had nice comments from people on Twitter and feel that w/ that acceptance it is OK to post here as well. It is more important to be here so a real conversation in the community can take place.]