Discussion Archive: May 2010

16 May 2010 - 1:35am
jonnyschneider

[Event] Melbourne UX Movie Nights

Hi, a few people for Melbourne UX community have organised public screenings of recent selected UX keynote presentations.

The first monthly movie night will happen on Monday 7 June at Horse Bazaar in the CBD, with Jon Kolko's keynote from Interaction 10, My Heart is in The Work, presented in Savannah earlier this year. The evening kicks off from around 5:30 with the keynote screening at 6:30 PM.

15 May 2010 - 5:02pm
4 years ago
6 replies
tonyzeoli

Is there an IxDA group in Raleigh / Cary NC?

Hi:

I'm headed to Raleigh for Wordpcamp Raleigh next weekend. Is there an IxDA group in the Raleigh area? Does anyone have any IA job leads in the Raleigh/Cary area for an intermediate level Information Architect with Product Development and Biz Dev experience? They'd get the combined package!

Please let me know. I would appreciate any connections. I'm considering moving to the area and could use all the help I can get! Thanks!

Best,

Tony Zeoli

15 May 2010 - 7:28am
+1
4 years ago
21 replies
elvenmuse

All microwave interfaces are COMPLETELY different

Why, why o why all microwave interfaces are different... I could not, in the work that I am right now, change some microwave settings... without assistance... and I'm smart enough to use basically ALL other electronic/al devices, easily without even reading the _ manual. It needs some numberrs, on/off, start/pause... even use music-related icono-graphs (the ones on the menubar of the iPod). But no, all manufacturers decided to make all their microwaves (even within their own production lines) completely different... to *_ the customer

15 May 2010 - 5:38am
4 years ago
2 replies
Terms:
Alex Livingstone
14 May 2010 - 10:59pm
4 years ago
5 replies
Anonymous
14 May 2010 - 7:23pm
4 years ago
6 replies
arturo.leal

eLearning Interaction Design Model

Hi Everyone,

I´m starting the redesign of a huge amount of eLearning Content for a University, a lot of the redesign consist in the implementation of Interactive Activities instead of the "info...info... info... quiz" model.

Does anyone know about a design model for this? also any tips or advice would be appreciated

Cheers

14 May 2010 - 12:15pm
4 years ago
5 replies
jrrogan

Did IxDA mail list just blow a gasket today???

Did IxDA mail list just blow a gasket today???   It seems random posts are being linked together, with spam stuck between them.   Is this just me, or are others seeing the same thing?

Rich

--
Joseph Rich Rogan
President UX/UI Inc.
http://www.jrrogan.com

14 May 2010 - 8:17am
4 years ago
1 reply
mheisig

Separation of Web Application Interface and the public "sales" site

I have recently been engaged in an interesting internal discussion with respect to the separation of a web application interface from its related public sales site. The two main setups I see are:

13 May 2010 - 8:16pm
4 years ago
4 replies
Terms:
Audrey Crane

Marty Cagan's "Open Letter to the Design Community"

Wonder if people have seen or have responses to this? http://www.svpg.com/an-open-letter-to-the-design-community/

My summary of his article:

13 May 2010 - 5:13pm
+1
jonesabi

Special Discount for Voices That Matter

Voices that Matter: Web Design Conference is scheduled for San Francisco from June 28-29 with a post conference session on June 30.

The folks at VtM have extended a special discount to BayCHI members and we'd like to share it with you.