Discussion Archive: June 2010

Kishan Salian

HCI Masters in the UK - University of Brighton vs. University of York

Hi,

I have got offers from University of Brighton and the University of York for MSc in HCI.

As i read through both their content seems to be similar and i feel both have good masters programs. Does anybody have any experience / feedback regarding the two programs and universities?

30 Jun 2010 - 9:47pm
Lisa Goldberg

Re: [IxDA] An apology, and hopefully looking forward for IxDA

Elizabeth,

Thank you, and thanks to the rest of the team, for all your hard work.

This discussion ties in perfectly with the recent discussion about where to find volunteer opportunities. For those of you looking to expand your portfolios, you could start here.

Sincerely, Lisa

30 Jun 2010 - 6:31pm
4 years ago
1 reply
Neil Lee

Re: [IxDA] An apology, and hopefully looking forward for IxDA

To start, I wanted to say I'm thankful for all of the hard work volunteers have contributed to get us to this point.

30 Jun 2010 - 3:54pm
4 years ago
1 reply
bpieklo

Do you know good blogs about Interactive Marketing??

Do you know good blogs about Interactive Marketing??

for example i know 

htttp://onlineandmobile.net/

something more??

30 Jun 2010 - 1:21pm
Fredrik Ampler
30 Jun 2010 - 9:41am
4 years ago
21 replies
hkimida

Hand coding Application for MAC

Hi guys,

Does anyone know which application is the best to use for hand coding html on a MAC platform? Please advise me.

Many thanks,

HJ

30 Jun 2010 - 9:40am
+4
4 years ago
6 replies
Elizabeth Bacon

An apology, and hopefully looking forward for IxDA

Dear fellow IxDA members,

I'm heartsick about how the state of the new IxDA infrastructure has caused problems for our community. Firstly, I want to personally apologize to you, my fellow members, for any technical problems and unpleasant experiences with the new mailing list and/or website that you might have had. At the same time, I also want to reset people’s expectations about what was delivered, and provide my own perspective on the situation looking forward.

29 Jun 2010 - 6:55pm
Gino Rodrigues

Re: [IxDA] Audience Segmentation Navigation

The audience scheme has more chances to succeed. Specially if the segments are well defined, as often happens in B2B realm, you have the opportunity to delimit more uniform areas, where you can focus offers and communication. Not to mention SEO techniques to leverage segment-specific landing pages.

A task oriented navigation resembles applications, which may not be the best structure for your content if you need to point exceptions between segments.

29 Jun 2010 - 6:07pm
hassan.schroede...

Re: [IxDA] The relationship between designers and material

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 4:20 PM, fj wrote:

> But I seriously reject the notion that people who know how to code and code > well cannot be good UX people

Amen, brother. Testify! :-)

-- Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder@gmail.com twitter: @hassan

29 Jun 2010 - 5:41pm
4 years ago
1 reply
ella Kallish

Re: [IxDA] Any experience with Portlets interaction design?

Check out Logical Design Solutions www.lds.com Ella Kallish

> From: preismita > Reply-To: > Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 17:03:38 -0500 > To: Ella Kallish > Subject: [IxDA] Any experience with Portlets interaction design? > > Hi guys, > Im working on a company thas is redesigning the hole corporate intranet > concept and all the app. > The change is very big and the definition is to use portlets, we are thinking > about using Gatein.