Discussion Archive: July 2010

1 Jul 2010 - 2:56pm
+1
Josh Damon Williams

Interaction11 announces keynotes Brenda Laurel and Jason Bruges

Hello everyone,
My name is Josh Damon Williams, and along with Erik Gibb I'm coordinating the marketing effort for Interaction11. Starting today and continuing over the next few months we'll be announcing keynote speakers for the conference.
1 Jul 2010 - 2:53pm
+2
4 years ago
11 replies
Terms:
Dave Malouf

What is IxD and What does an IxD do?

[From my blog @ http://davemalouf.com/?p=1865 .  I'm interested in y'all's thoughts.]

1 Jul 2010 - 1:30pm
4 years ago
1 reply
Barbara Ballard

free mobile UI templates

We spend all of our time designing for mobile and small-screen devices. To make this easier, we create and update UI templates, including everything from gesture symbols to phone drawings and typography.

We share these templates, for free.

1 Jul 2010 - 11:59am
David Birnbaum

Time-domain UX design

Hi everyone,

I am working on a project that requires time-domain design. For example, a series of sound effects that evolve in response to user actions. All the books, templates, and articles I've found about "UX design" are really about "visual UX design". Does anyone have experience with non-visual or multimodal media? Any resources/guidelines/templates/standards that you can suggest?

Many thanks,

-Dave

1 Jul 2010 - 11:22am
4 years ago
1 reply
Andrei Herasimchuk

Re: [IxDA] An apology, and hopefully looking forward for IxDA

On Jul 1, 2010, at 9:04 AM, emenel wrote:

> Andrei: The full list of known issues is at tracker.ixda.org, and is available to anybody for viewing. If you'd like to help report issues let me know and I can get you an account. If you're interested in helping out with the site we also have a Basecamp for volunteers where we discuss things in more detail.

I'll check that out.

> As for what's broken now at a high level: > > 1. Email is still partially broken. sending takes too long and the threading isn't working that well.

1 Jul 2010 - 9:51am
Oleh Kovalchuke

Re: [IxDA] The relationship between designers and material

On ideation.

Do Sci-Fi writers know how to code? Probably not.
Do those people, who create UIs in sci-fi flix know how to code? Maybe not.
Do futurists know how to code? Some might.

Some
of these people did create inspiring user scenarios and visual wireframes for future design exploration without deep knowledge of possible implementation tools. A lot of this is schlock (however I have heard that dirigibles are poised for massive comeback in the near future).

On implementation (applied ideation).

1 Jul 2010 - 9:19am
4 years ago
1 reply
Danny Hope

[event] Announcing UX Brighton 2010

(cross posted)

After successfully running UX Brighton for two years, we have decided to turn one of our meet-ups into a full blown conference. So, I'm pleased to announce UX Brighton 2010 – a conference with an emphasis on designing for behaviour.

Kishan Salian

HCI Masters in the UK - University of Brighton vs. University of York

Hi,

I have got offers from University of Brighton and the University of York for MSc in HCI.

As i read through both their content seems to be similar and i feel both have good masters programs. Does anybody have any experience / feedback regarding the two programs and universities?