Discussion Archive: August 2010

31 Aug 2010 - 9:45pm
3 years ago
1 reply
Terms:
uxmovement

Different Approach to Highlighting Required Form Fields

Most of you are familiar with forms that highlight required fields. The problem with that is that most fields are required, so you end up having to highlight everything creating a clutter of asterisks or sub-labels.

I want to share with you a different approach that is much more minimalist. Feel free to chime in and let me know what you think.

Read the article: When to Highlight Required Form Fields

31 Aug 2010 - 6:07pm
+1
Christopher Fahey

Re: [IxDA] A hybrid prototype — the holy grail of wireframing

On Aug 31, 2010, at 4:30 PM, horvath wrote: > An ideal workflow would look something like this: > > <...ideal workflow snipped...> > > A pipe dream.

A pipe dream indeed!

It's perfect that this thread's subject is about seeking the "holy grail" of wireframing: Any time you find yourself calling something you desire a holy grail, it might be time to start asking yourself why you desire something that you know does not exist!

Part of being a good designer is being able to use little else besides your imagination to envision how a design or an interaction might work, essentially

31 Aug 2010 - 2:42pm
makabde

Deliverable - PM - UX - Developpers

Hi all,

As the unique UX practitioner in my company and trying to evangelize the UCD process; I was asked to create a document to share with the product management team in order to help the development team to evaluate accurately the development timeframe needed.

Like many of you, I work with Low and Hi fi. Wireframes, Mockups, Interaction Design descriptions, etc.

31 Aug 2010 - 2:42pm
javier velasco

Call For Participation: Social Media survey at UNC-Chapel Hill

-- Apologies for cross posting --

Dear all,

31 Aug 2010 - 1:52pm
3 years ago
2 replies
kbackstrand

career transition seeking advice

Hi all:

I am in the process of a career transition.  I currently work in Digital Asset Management, and am enrolled in a Library/Info Science Masters program (one with some IxD, or related, offerings).  I also have a visual design background.  I am NOT a 20-something/right out of college.

31 Aug 2010 - 12:01pm
3 years ago
8 replies
tamtolam

Are you a virtual worker?

Are you a virtual worker? Do you spend 80% or more of your time telecommuting or mobile working? If yes, please participate in a research study(http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/jobstressA Study of Job Stress on Job Satisfaction among Virtual Workers, conducted by Tam Lam, a doctoral learner at Capella University.

xrportet

Test the ultimate website prototyping tool & win licenses - Suggestions for the beta

Serious about getting as much feedback as possible, Justinmind will launch several testing contests, both on MAC OS X and Windows, giving away free licenses of Prototyper as prizes.

This private beta will kick start starts tomorrow, on September 1st. Watch the trailer and register online to participate.

More info:

31 Aug 2010 - 6:27am
+7
3 years ago
4 replies
Steve Baty

Announcing Dublin, Ireland as the host city for Interaction 12

It is with great pleasure that I announce Dublin and the Institute of Art, Design & Technology (IADT) as the co-hosts for Interaction 12, the annual conference of the Interaction Design Association (IxDA).

Dublin was one of five submissions received during our open call for proposals, alongside Berlin, Delft, Helsinki and Paris. A small evaluation panel reviewed and assessed each proposal.

31 Aug 2010 - 3:31am
3 years ago
2 replies
Yohan Creemers

[Event] IxDA Nederland: Design by Fire 2010 - Conference on Interaction design

Design by Fire 2010 - Conference on Interaction design
Wednesday 12 - 13 October 2010, Amsterdam - Utrecht (NL)

For the fourth year in a row IxDA Nederland organizes the Design by Fire Conference, an international conference on interaction design. We are very pleased with the line-up of speakers:

Conference program - Wednesday 13 October, Amsterdam (NL)

30 Aug 2010 - 8:43pm
4 years ago
1 reply
uxmovement

How to Make Lists of Links Easier to Scan

This article shows you how to make lists of links easier to scan. It's something that IXDA does very well, but could be helpful for other sites.

How to Make Lists of Links Easier to Scan