Discussion Archive: September 2010

7 Sep 2010 - 7:00am
3 years ago
2 replies
Jan Dittrich

Simplifying Needs and Requirements Description

I am thinking about a way which is easy-top-apply for  turning (user) research into Requirements, Needs and Goals – so the prerequisites for the actual design process.

7 Sep 2010 - 4:31am
3 years ago
1 reply
din

Re: [IxDA] Anyone living in Barcelona?

I was in Barcelona last month. Amazing and beautiful city. 
I say spanish women are some of the most beautiful ppl the world!
Good luck!
: )

On 7 September 2010 10:22, Tim Stutts9 <timstutts@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I'm sorry for not writing to this list more often. It's been a great resource.
7 Sep 2010 - 3:11am
3 years ago
1 reply
tstutts

Anyone living in Barcelona?

Hi,

I'm sorry for not writing to this list more often. It's been a great resource.

Anyways, I wanted to reach out and see if any among your are currently living in Barcelona or nearby--both local or expat. I'm going to be relocating there for the next few months (leave in one week) to pursue remote and possibly local freelance contract work.

7 Sep 2010 - 1:00am
3 years ago
2 replies
Terms:
newuser

Usability Lab Setup

Hi,

We are planning to setup a stationary usability lab in India. Towards this, I would require details about different lab layouts. Could you please share few lab layouts or resources that talks about various lab layouts ?

Thank you,

Suresh.K

6 Sep 2010 - 4:27pm
3 years ago
1 reply
karolmunoz

Scholarships, Grants and Financing your education

Hello!

I hold an undergraduate degree in Graphic Design and have been working as a User Interface Visual Designer for the past year. I am interested in going back to school to get a Masters in a more specific and tech based field in the Fall of 2011. I have been looking into NYU Poly and other NYC based schools, since this is where I am from.

Do you know of any organizations that help financially in the education and advancements of Interaction Design?

Also if you know of any programs which are excellent I would love to hear about them. Thank You!

6 Sep 2010 - 3:18pm
3 years ago
2 replies
ptamzz

Difference Between a Master's Course in Interaction Design & HCI

Can anyone please explain to me what are the basic differences between a Master's Course in "Interaction Design" and HCI?? What would be the course difference between the two??

Thanks.

6 Sep 2010 - 1:30pm
Terry Strong

Re: [IxDA] September Event - Papago Park Wayfinding

Tonia,   When & where is this event?  

In a message dated 9/6/2010 11:25:22 A.M.

6 Sep 2010 - 9:32am
3 years ago
3 replies
paepu

I want to know about IED design institute in Spain

Hi

I got an acceptance for master design class from IED in Spain. Is there anyone know about this institute, how good they are?

6 Sep 2010 - 6:07am
jlsphar

Re: [IxDA] Axure... Thoughts?

Wouter, which libraries fo you like/recommend the most?

------Original Message------ From: Wouter Leistra Sender: ixdaor@host.ixda.org To: John Sphar ReplyTo: discuss@ixda.org Subject: Re: [IxDA] Axure... Thoughts? Sent: Sep 6, 2010 3:56 AM

I use Axure RP Pro already for 3 years. I used it in many of my projects to
quickly visualize design ideas and user friendly solutions to business
requirements.

6 Sep 2010 - 12:26am
3 years ago
4 replies
neha

RE: [IxDA] ethics, training and HFI

Carl,

Having worked with HFI and having been an integral team member at some point in my career, I am in complete agreement with Eric. HFI is a place where everyone breathes UX. They strive hard to bring UX to the industry.

I remember Eric mentioning in one of his talk to the staff - 'Whenever I go to any company in India, I meet people who have worked with HFI at some point. I am glad that we have been able to  educate people and spread Usability in the Industry'.