Discussion Archive: September 2010

29 Sep 2010 - 1:31am
mverma85

Self Improvement in User Experience Engg Field

Hi Everyone...

I am a design enthusiast, working as a Usability Analyst. I want to increase my knowledge to next level. If any one have idea, what all courses or any learning programs we can opt for as correspondace while working,  & which should be worth doing and beneficial for future growth as being a User Expereince Engg.

Thanks in advance

M.Verma

28 Sep 2010 - 7:54pm
3 years ago
1 reply
Terms:
vigneshv85

Project ideas

Hello Everyone,

28 Sep 2010 - 5:02pm
3 years ago
1 reply
Richard Carson

Re: [IxDA] Re: [IxDA] Re: [IxDA] Simplicity is Not Overrated, Just Misunderstood

Hey Janne,

> The issue I see with "people buy simplicity/features" is that people > don't always buy things they need, but what they think they need, > might need, or want to need. At purchase time it's also often the case > there is insufficient information about the product as well as about > the individuals own behaviour, yet they need to decide somehow.

I don't believe that people buy things they don't need else why do they buy them? People buy things they love, whether it is useful or necessary, they are still buying something that facilitates their human need.

Boltron

User Research Friday 2010: A Circus

Hello Fair IxDA'ers,

28 Sep 2010 - 1:03pm
Loi, Daria A
28 Sep 2010 - 12:06pm
1 week ago
5 replies
inge.debleecker...

Do freelance UX designers voluntarily carry Errors & Omissions Insurance?

I am wondering how many freelance UX designers carry some level of Professional Liability Coverage (also called 'Errors and Omissions'), and what level that might be (500K, 1M, ..). In addition, if you did buy the coverage, was it because you felt you needed it, or because a client requested it?

Thanks,

Inge

28 Sep 2010 - 1:00am
3 years ago
2 replies
Terms:
nonoumasy

VOICE UI Guidelines and Best Practices

working on a VOICE UI project for a cable company

anyone have links to best practices or guidelines regarding VOICE UI.

incidentally, I think Voice is underused in our industry

27 Sep 2010 - 8:17pm
Rajesh Ghodke

Re: [IxDA] Interaction Designer

Sent from Samsung mobile

Kai En Ong wrote:

>Job title: >Interaction Designer Date posted: >September 27, 2010 - 4:07pm Location: London >United Kingdom Employer:  >BBC From a recruiter:  > >Direct employer Term:  > >Full time How to apply:  > >To apply for this role please upload your CV and your portfolio or provide
>relevant links to your online work.

27 Sep 2010 - 8:17pm
Rajesh Ghodke

Re: [IxDA] Project Manager, Design and User Experience

Sent from Samsung mobile

"maha.al-emam@wsj.com" wrote:

>Job title: >Project Manager, Design and User Experience Date posted: >September 27, 2010 - 3:14pm Location: New York, NY >United States Employer:  >Wall Street Journal From a recruiter:  > >Direct employer Term:  > >Contract How to apply:  > >Email resume to PmDesignUI@gmail.com Description:  > >Position: > >Project manager to help lead the Design, User Experience and Front End >coding teams on mobile and main-site projects for the Wall Street >Journal Digital Network. > >Qualifications: > >•       4 years exper

27 Sep 2010 - 11:42am
NYC IxDA

[EVENT] IxDA NYC presents "The Art & Science of Seductive Interactions" - Mon. Oct. 4th at 6:30

The Art & Science of Seductive Interactions

A while back, LinkedIn experimented with a feature: a little meter above the users’ information, showing their profile’s “percentage completed.” Suddenly, more users filled out their profiles.