Maria Cordell

IxDA Atlanta Annual Design Slam this Wednesday, 10/13

IxDA Atlanta is holding its 2nd annual Design Slam this Wednesday, 10/13

11 Oct 2010 - 8:59am
4 years ago
1 reply
Sheri Ouellette

Re: [IxDA] Auto Play: Need Research to Back Up Why It's Bad for User Experience

----- Original Message ----- From: ixdaor@host.ixda.org To: Sheri Ouellette Sent: Sat Sep 11 03:25:41 2010 Subject: Re: [IxDA] Auto Play: Need Research to Back Up Why It's Bad for User Experience

IMHO, I don't think "trying to teach people" is a best attitude. Whether a
design element work or not really depends on the context.

11 Oct 2010 - 7:15am
William Hudson

October Update - UX and UCD Courses in London, Hamburg and Vancouver

Our Agile User Experience and UCD course was well-received in Brussels last week. This is being repeated next month in Hamburg and London. We also have a follow-on workshop, where participants will be able to spend more time developing personas and interaction designs, called Persona-Driven Design on 6 Dec in London. The Hamburg course follows an evening talk I am giving at the betahaus the night before.

11 Oct 2010 - 6:33am
4 years ago
2 replies
Danny Hope

Re: [IxDA] Thoughts on UXmap

On 11 October 2010 00:40, iris.sharon wrote: > A few months ago I was looking for a local design consultancy in Japan, > and had trouble finding one. I thought it would have been great if > design and UX-related information is organized geographically. I came up > with UXmap.com [1] and began providing local UX information about > consultancies, labs, vendors, conferences, education, associations, > events, and jobs. I can see how it supports needs of both design and UX > people as well as their stakeholders. What do you think? Is there a need for > this?

10 Oct 2010 - 11:08pm
Nathan

Survey on Interaction Design Resources

In an attempt to build a list of resources for people new to interaction design, I would appreciate it if you could take this quick survey of common books, websites, organizations, etc. I'm trying to compile these soon so I would appreciate if you could take a few minutes and answer a few questions before the end of the month of October:

10 Oct 2010 - 5:39pm
iris.sharon

Thoughts on UXmap

A few months ago I was looking for a local design consultancy in Japan, and had trouble finding one. I thought it would have been great if design and UX-related information is organized geographically. I came up with UXmap.com and began providing local UX information about consultancies, labs, vendors, conferences, education, associations, events, and jobs. I can see how it supports needs of both design and UX people as well as their stakeholders. What do you think? Is there a need for this?

10 Oct 2010 - 2:41am
4 years ago
7 replies
jra

design and lean startup methodology

hi all,

has anyone out there worked as a designer on a team that follows a lean startup methodology? any thoughts on how design process can mesh into it? (can it?) i'm just starting to work with such a team, and i'm trying to get my bearings, have been reading through a bunch of lean startup stuff. any thoughts from other designers, on the topic (rants, raves, anything really) would be welcome. 

thanks!

j.

9 Oct 2010 - 3:10pm
4 years ago
2 replies
rachel.i.simpson

Informational Interviews for a student in SF

Hi Everyone,

I've been watching the board for quite some time, and it looks like there a wide variety of very informed perspectives here. I'm an Industrial and Interaction Design student in Vancouver BC, and it has been a great addition to my education!

9 Oct 2010 - 1:44pm
4 years ago
6 replies
stewartmccoy

Starting salary for junior-level IA in San Francisco?

What is a reasonable starting salary for a junior-level IA in San Francisco?