Discussion Archive: January 2011

31 Jan 2011 - 11:27pm
3 years ago
4 replies
kristenh

protyping a search form

I'm just seeking a bit of prototyping advice.

I need to build a search form with a number of different criteria to narrow the range of results.

(Female/male; Age ranges; Physical location; etc)

What would be a good way to prototype this?

THanks,

Kristen

31 Jan 2011 - 10:40am
3 years ago
1 reply
Terms:
mimojito

iPad personas

I am trying to find out if there is any existing or new research done on Apple iPad personas?

31 Jan 2011 - 10:26am
William Hudson
30 Jan 2011 - 10:31am
adhara

Career advice for a recent graduate

Hi,

I'm looking for some career advice - I'm in need of mentoring!

I'm not sure what type of role I should go for to start my career.

I recently graduated with a BSc IT (Multimedia Design). While studying I freelanced creating websites. I also developed an extensive internal web application from the ground up (using php/mysql) for a small company. This involved a lot of analysis and design work with the Director.

28 Jan 2011 - 6:10am
3 years ago
1 reply
Puja

Web survey for travel

Hey All,

I am Final year student of Interaction Design School, As a part of my research project, I am conducting web survey on people who
travel for vacation or on official tour and acess work outside from office, It would be really helpful if you could take out 10 mins of your
time to fill in my questionnaire.

Pls follow the link:

27 Jan 2011 - 3:46pm
3 years ago
7 replies
Tania Schlatter

Tips for specifying visual UI for a Silverlight (or other) theme?

I'm working on the visual/UI design for an application that will use Silverlight components. I'd like the Silverlight visual UI to match the rest of the application. How do people recommend specifying visual design to developers for a theme in Silverlight or other? In the past I've marked up static Photoshop layouts with colors, type specs, measurements, etc., but wonder if there are other/better ways.

Any tips or references on this topic would be helpful.

Thank you!

Tania 

27 Jan 2011 - 1:49pm
3 years ago
4 replies
jreinberg

Layers vs. Pop-ups Best Practice?

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the best practices for using layers vs. pop-ups for login/password reset or other account management tasks?

We have a situation where we have implemented layers for these types of functions for a financial site and users with older browsers are not able to access them because the older browsers do not support layers. 

26 Jan 2011 - 7:10pm
3 years ago
5 replies
Terms:
design1983

ad

26 Jan 2011 - 3:43pm
Stefan Klocek

Designing experiences which are delightful and magical

I've put some thinking into what principles might guide the design of delightful magical experiences. I've used lots of examples of products which are successful and some which are not. 

We'd love to hear how other practitioners design for this.

http://www.cooper.com/journal/2011/01/passive_magic_design_of_deligh.html

Stefan

26 Jan 2011 - 11:40am
Steve Portigal

ANN: Steve Portigal's new book-in-progress--The Art and Craft of User Research Interviewing

(Everyone, apologies for any duplicate postings you may receive. Here's the official announcement from Rosenfeld Media for my new book-in-progress. I'm so excited! /SP)

Interviewing users is fundamental to user experience work but, as Steve Portigal cautions, we tend to take it for granted. Because it's based on talking and listening, skills we think we have, we often wing it. Sadly, we miss out on many of the wonderful opportunities our interviews should reveal.