Discussion Archive: February 2011

28 Feb 2011 - 11:34am
3 years ago
3 replies
jaimem

Handeling Expired Credit Card Data

I am researching and documenting a best practice for handling existing expired credit card data.

Our business (heavy e-commerce website) is migrating all existing data from one database to another and felt it was a good opportunity to do some house cleaning by removing expired credit card data.

I also see this as a good opportunity to put in place a good practice moving forward.

Here are some approaches or a combination that I have in mind:

28 Feb 2011 - 4:35am
2 years ago
3 replies
Graham Sear

Remote usability testing

Hi,

We're doing some usability testing for our new website with the current approach to be: think aloud in a lab with eye-tracking. I'm exploring some cheaper alternatives, and aside from doing it myself and recruiting people I've been looking at some remote usability testing.

I've been looking at usertesting.com, loop11, userzoom. Has anyone had much success with these and what would they recommend?

JChamp

Best Independent Digital Recruiters in the USA?

Hi all,

I run my own independent Digital Recruitment company based in Sydney Australlia. I'm often representing very talented Digital folks who are either already on their way to the USA or planning to migrate there.

I'd very much like to form some mutually beneficial partnerships with leading Digital recruiters in the USA (ideally independent Owner operated).

Recommendations will be highly appreciated.

Cheers

Jeremy Champion, Director, Connect Digital

28 Feb 2011 - 12:33am
3 years ago
11 replies
tonytam888

UX Landscape--Where do I find the Best Designers

Hi All,

Hope all is well.  I'm Google's lead UX recruiter in North America, and I'm building the "UX Landscape" for our recruiting efforts.  I'm basically making a map of the best design schools, design firms, companies with strong design departments, and reputable design organizations/forums (besides IXDA : D ) in the nation.  

In your professional opinion, which schools shall I add to the map?  Some that come to mind are Carnegie, Pratt, and RSDI.  Any other suggestions?  How about reputable design firms?  Forums?

24 Feb 2011 - 1:55pm
3 years ago
11 replies
kabe001

Software/Hardware for UX Designer

Hello, 

We're starting to build the case/need for a UX designer internally; however, I need to provide a list of anticipated software/hardware requirements. Might anyone have any insight as to what items might be basic for a new UX designer? Mac or PC? 

Thanks! 

23 Feb 2011 - 11:38pm
3 years ago
5 replies
Terms:
dotdesign

Suggest Icon

Hello,

I am looking for a "Delete" and "Cancel" Icons. How can we represent ? need your inputs

Regards

Satish

23 Feb 2011 - 6:03pm
3 years ago
9 replies
R Sloan

Enterprise Application Design Approach Question

Afternoon,

QUESTION
Has anyone ever designed an enterprise application's first release to have only a wizard for creating complex 'objects'; then, offered a more hands on solution for a hot fix or subsequent releases?

EXPERIENCE
The above question occurred to me during a presentation of an enterprise application that took months to design.  Moreover, it was only after the project had been developed could the design fully be realized in all of its complexity.

23 Feb 2011 - 3:53pm
3 years ago
1 reply
Ruchi Mahajan

Investigfating Elements of Enjoyment within an Online Support Experience

Hi Folks;

I am woking a on a research project specifically for online support communities within a software provider industry domain.

As a part of the project I am trying to assess - what comprises of an enjoyable online support experience ?

Specifically the aim is to assess the meaning of enjoyment and engagement in an online support environment-

and how can we leverage user experience especialy interaction elements to provide enjoyment and pleasure to the user.

I am guessing some of the initial starting questions will be :

23 Feb 2011 - 6:58am
3 years ago
5 replies
Sean Pook

Job advertising in the main discussion forum

Hi all,

I have seen a lot of jobs advertised in the discussion forum, no doubt as people want to avoid the charge. Is this seen as acceptable by members and moderators? I've had to stop advertising with the introduction of the fee as recruiter as the ROI is not there for us, but it's a little unfair for those who are paying or not paying and refraining to post to see others posting here instead.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Sean Pook