Discussion Archive: February 2011

18 Feb 2011 - 2:08pm
3 years ago
1 reply
Michelle Bacigalupi

Adobe Fireworks Courses in the Bay Area?

Hi,

I'm looking around for a one or two day course focusing on Adobe Fireworks. Any where from San Jose to San Francisco would work.

Thanks for any leads,

Michelle

18 Feb 2011 - 9:01am
Graham Sear

Best practice for product alerts

Hi,

Doing some work on signing up for product alerts, but having trouble finding any best practice documents around it. Does anyone have any resources on this?

At the moment this hasn't been scoped out at all, so methods of communication haven't been defined yet but I would expect this to include, email, and possibly Twitter and SMS if specified. Aside from basic personalisation rules for setting what you're contacted about, frequency etc, what are some best practice rules?

Two problems we have are:

17 Feb 2011 - 5:30pm
kishansalian

Requirements Elicitation Techniques

Hello everyone,

When it comes to "Requirements Elicitation Techniques" interviews and survey methods are given great importance but somehow i feel those are general methods which does not correlate in the field of computing. Are observation methods like protocol analysis, social analysis and ethnography much better then traditional interview and survey method?

Please share your views which one worked better for you.

Thank you

Kishan

17 Feb 2011 - 1:34pm
3 years ago
1 reply
tarala

Qualitative Recruitment

I've been tasked with finding a vendor to conduct recruitment on behalf of a client for an un-moderated, online card sort. Vendor and card sort participants can be from anywhere in the country. Any suggestions or recommendations as to which firm(s) to contact? Thanks in advance!

17 Feb 2011 - 1:34pm
tarala

Qualitative Recruitment

I've been tasked with finding a vendor to conduct recruitment on behalf of a client for an un-moderated, online card sort. Vendor and card sort participants can be from anywhere in the country. Any suggestions or recommendations as to which firm(s) to contact? Thanks in advance!

16 Feb 2011 - 6:36pm
3 years ago
5 replies
Jonathan Wheeler

SharePoint 2010 Resources

Hello all,

I am in the beginning / planning stages of an intranet site based in Sharepoint 2010.

Horror stories aside - I am trying to track down UX resources specifically related to:

16 Feb 2011 - 6:07pm
Dana Chisnell

Looking for space to conduct interviews around Sunbury, PA (Susquehanna or Bloomburg U?)

Hi everyone,

I'm in search of a small, simple space to conduct interviews in in or near Sunbury, PA on March 13, 14, and 15. I'd love to set this up at one of the universities.

We don't need any special equipment (this study is *only* interviews, not a usability test). Can anyone point me to faculty or staff at one of the schools who might be able to help me out with space?

(I don't really want to do the interviews at a hotel because I think that's kind of creepy. And the interviews are about perceptions of security. Know what I mean?)

16 Feb 2011 - 2:02pm
+1
3 years ago
8 replies
Terms:
Diana Wynne

calling all wiki design gnomes

Hi all,

I'm cleaning up a 5-year-old wiki for a client and have been running into the usual tensions between imposing order (through better design and IA) and maintainability.

It's an internal resource for an IT group, and has been a very successful repository for specs, meeting notes, and requirements docs, despite how primitive the MediaWiki platform is. 

Has anyone worked on a project like this recently? I've done similar work on intranets and internal apps for corporate clients, but this is significantly more collaborative and non-hierarchical. 

16 Feb 2011 - 10:08am
3 years ago
3 replies
Terms:
Joe Sokohl

Takeaways from Interaction '11

Now that the conference has ended, I'm curious what learning or thoughts folks have taken away from it. As we begin to synthesize our exeriences, it's great to share them with the IxDA community.

• What was the best talk you attended?
  • What themes did you see emerge, if any?
  • Find any insights that you can apply in your practice or day-to-day work?