Discussion Archive: March 2011

3 Mar 2011 - 10:05am
Paul Bryan

Resources on Ethnography and Digital Design?

Hi All,

Can you suggest reading materials that discuss application of ethnography to digital design? I have a lot of snippets and slideshares and deliverables, but am having trouble digging up more comprehensive resources on application to digital design for a friend.

Thanks,

Paul Bryan

Usography

LinkedIn: Digital Design Strategy manager

3 Mar 2011 - 9:09am
Heena Vyas

Pune, India - UXD Training Discount Dates ending soon!!

Hi!

A gentle reminder:

The Early Entry Discount date for Design Incubator’s two-day (Saturday and Sunday) Limited Edition Course: Usability, Information Architecture and Interaction Design Best Practices ends in 6 days on 9th Mar ’11.

The course details are as follows:
Limited Edition Course: Usability, Information Architecture and Interaction Design Best Practices (2 Days)
Complete details about the course: http://www.designincubator.com/training_current_limited_edition.htm

oussama

Call for papers BCS HCI 2011 Workshop: Supporting Collaboration Through Multimodal and Cross-modal Interfaces

Call for papers

BCS HCI 2011 Workshop: Supporting Collaboration Through Multimodal and Cross-modal Interfaces

http://ccmi.eecs.qmul.ac.uk/hciworkshop

3 Mar 2011 - 1:02am
3 years ago
1 reply
Michel Milano

[SALE] sxsw interactive session tix (3)

due to some unexpected changes in our company, I have three (3) tickets for SXSW interactive that need new, loving homes. i thought someone here might find be interested.

what: these are for the Interactive portion
when: March 11-15.
price: $420 each (cheap).

note that the sxsw organization requires registration information, so we cant just scalp these over on 1st street.
they makes the transfer process more burdensome/annoying than it needs or should be,
but i will undertake to smooth that, and we will pay the exorbitant transfer fee.

2 Mar 2011 - 2:14pm
3 years ago
1 reply
aronoff

Resource Planning in UX Roles?

HI Everyone,

My team and I are trying to figure out how many resources we need for a year. Forecasting our time has proven difficult, because internally to our organization our time is not tracked hourly, but is known as Business As Usual, which usually denotes coming off of a bottom line SOMEWHERE, but it's not specific to a specific project per se.

There in lies the problem.

2 Mar 2011 - 11:16am
3 years ago
5 replies
Terms:
Don Habas

"Login" using Name, DOB and SSN

Scenario :

User is filling out a long application for a financial product.  At first, they were going to have the ability to create and ID and password, so they can come back and continue at a later time.  However, due to scope reduction, they were suggesting the option of having the user log in to continue using their name, date of birth, and SSN.  

Not going to be enough time for testing (except for walking around the office to get feedback).

How do you think applicants would feel about this?

1 Mar 2011 - 4:56pm
2 years ago
7 replies
Mark Kirkland

Remote Whiteboarding Tools Anyone?

Hello,

What methods are people using to include remote project team members in brainstorming or whiteboarding sessions? Has anyone succesfully found a way to do this using MS Live Meeting or some other screen-sharing tool?

Thanks,

Mark Kirkland
UI Design Consultant

Louis Rosenfeld

UX Workshops in San Francisco, Atlanta, and Chicago

Rosenfeld Media is pleased to present full-day workshops by five leading User Experience experts (Steve Krug, Lou Rosenfeld, Ginny Redish, Indi Young, and Whitney Quesenbery) in three cities (San Francisco, Atlanta, and Chicago). Details follow; discounts are available for early bird registration and for groups of three or more. Please spread the word!

SAN FRANCISCO: March 23-25, 2011

1 Mar 2011 - 10:56am
Terms:
Powers

Best Test Case Software

Anyone have good suggestions for test case software?

1 Mar 2011 - 7:59am
3 years ago
2 replies
Erico Fernandes...

Interaction South America 2010...a report

Hello all,

"Between 2 and 4 December 2010 occurred in the campus of Positivo University, Curitiba (state capital in southern Brazil), the second Interaction South America. Attended the event over 250 people from various parts of Brazil (...)"
I´m sending a simple report on what happened during those three days.