Discussion Archive: April 2011

JohnTerceman

Research tools for mobile devices? (software & hardware)

Hi,

Can anyone recommend any software/hardware that they have heard of, or have experience with, as far as conducting user testing on mobile devices, i.e., tablets and smartphones?

I am wondering what's out there and what seems to be well reviewed or popular.

Thanks,

John Terceman

25 Apr 2011 - 12:20pm
NYC IxDA

[Event] IxDA NYC Presents the Big Apple Redux, Sat. May 14th

IxDA NYC is pleased to present... The Big Apple Redux

Every year, the interaction design community gathers to stretch our minds, sharpen our skills and inspire each other.

24 Apr 2011 - 9:24pm
Jerome Covington

The Eternal City

The Eternal City

p{ margin-bottom:10px; } img{ border:none; margin:0; padding:0; } body{ background-color:#202020; text-align:center; } #layout{ margin:0 auto; text-align:left; width:600px; } #tableOfContents{ background-color:#353535; border:3px solid #404040; border-top-left-radius:10px; border-top-right-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius-topleft:10px;
23 Apr 2011 - 5:18pm
2 years ago
1 reply
IxDA Board of D...

30 hours left: Open call to be the Interaction|13 Chair

The open call for applications of interest for Chair of Interaction|13 will close in approximately 30 hours, on 24 April, 2011, 11:59 PM EST.  Raise your hand by filing out the brief form at http://bit.ly/h4WT9v

See the original call below:

22 Apr 2011 - 12:27pm
Terms:
jeffmckellar

Effective design of reports

Can any of you point me to some good resources about best practices for designing interactive reports? We produce educational software for grade school kids and we are constantly generating usage reports, score reports, etc. for teachers and caregivers. There are great resources for designing web forms and such (Luke Wroblewski's Web Form Design leaps to mind), but I have found little on designing simple, intuitive, interactive reports for  non-expert users. Layouts? Grids? Graph vs. text views? Matrix vs.

21 Apr 2011 - 9:03pm
2 years ago
3 replies
gejoreni

<5 minute student usability survey

Hi all, I am doing some simple research on the interaction of browser interface button frequency and labeling.

21 Apr 2011 - 4:18pm
Suba Periyasami
21 Apr 2011 - 3:09pm
Traci Lepore

follow up on Fast Co and user-centered design stifling creativity

Hi all,

So I pulled together some ideas of my own and lots of stuff going around about that Fast Co article about Apple, Ikea and creativity. Yeah you all remember it right :) Check it out in my latest UXmatters column.  http://uxmatters.com/mt/archives/2011/04/why-great-designers-stealand-are-proud-of-it.php

21 Apr 2011 - 4:15am
ilya.shmorgun@g...

Documentation techniques in interaction design

I am writing a master thesis in regards to using concept mapping to support interaction desing processes. I would like to know what documentation techniques are mainly used in interaction design and can they be used through all stages, such as research, design, development and production stages?

Maybe you could also recommend articles touching upon this topic.

20 Apr 2011 - 8:51pm
gejoreni

Browser Button-label Survey Help

Hi all, I am doing some simple research on the interaction of browser interface button frequency and labeling. It is truly less than 5 minutes, if you could help out and take it, it would be greatly appreciated!
http://vrac.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_eA5TtP2mwomzx08