Discussion Archive: April 2011

15 Apr 2011 - 12:11pm
+1
2 years ago
3 replies
lolab

Examples of products/sites that used personas

Hello:

It's been a long time since I've come across specific examples of products/websites that were built using personas (the ethnographic variety).  I know there are companies that utilize personas (Microsoft, Canon, etc) but I'm having a tough time tracing it to actual names of products.

Any examples would be much appreciated!

14 Apr 2011 - 10:10am
Xavier Veyrat

A new way to start iOS projects

Hi everyone, we have a great product to show you today. It is a brand new way to start iOS project and it is called App Cooker. Note the idea, sketch the icon, make interactive mockups, write the store info and estimate the profitability in one place. We believe that this will be a very nice App for all the actors of the iOS world. With App Cooker you design your apps like a chef before starting to code.

More info: www.appcooker.com

13 Apr 2011 - 10:31pm
amanzo76

Interactive People in the Orange County or LA

Would love to work with anyone in the Orange County or LA area for opportunities thru TCG.  If interested please email me ana.manzo@creativegroup.com.

13 Apr 2011 - 7:12pm
3 years ago
11 replies
JohnTerceman

Need to get trained in Axure RP

Anyone recommend an organization/individual/web resource that they've used to receive formal training in Axure RP?  In person preferred, but online training will also be quite alright.  How much did it cost and what levels of instruction were available? Thanks!

John Terceman

13 Apr 2011 - 4:57pm
3 years ago
1 reply
Josh B Williams

Multi-touch References

Hi everyone,

I was looking for references on designing for large multi-touch displays or surface tables. I saw Jason Brush's Mix 10 [1] talk that was really interesting. Can anyone think of any relevant books, presentations, or videos on the topic?

[1] http://channel9.msdn.com/events/MIX/MIX10/DS06

13 Apr 2011 - 9:30am
3 years ago
4 replies
Joe Sokohl

UX Brunch Baltimore!

Let's brunch together! Since Jeff Parks and I will be in Baltimore the weekend of 22-24 April for Rush (the band, Friday night) and the game (O's v. Yanks, Saturday night), we thought, "hey, let's get together & brunch on Saturday with some UXers in the area!"

Thus was UX Brunch Baltimore (#UXBrunchBalto on the Twitterz) born.

So, who's in? Who can arrange a place for us around 11:00 a.m.? Probably 15 folks? In walking distance perhaps from Aliceanna Street (between Fells Point & the Harbor)? Or a cab ride?

13 Apr 2011 - 6:49am
marekp

[Event] MEX: Pathways to the mobile UX horizon, 4/5 May, London

The next MEX (http://pmn.co.uk/mex/) is on 4th/5th May 2011 in London, entitled 'Pathways to the mobile UX horizon'.

It is the 9th international edition of MEX and, once again, 100 of the very brightest minds in mobile, media and design are coming together to spend 2 days in creative, collaborative exploration of 6 mobile user experience Pathways.  There's a long history of enthusiastic participation by IXDA members at MEX and I very much hope to welcome more of you through the MEX Scholarship programme or as participants.

13 Apr 2011 - 6:46am
3 years ago
5 replies
Terms:
fonemaker

HTML 5 vs Native Apps : Platform Capability & UX

I would like to build competence on advising customers to go for HTML 5 app vs Native Apps, in terms of both platform capability knowledge and user experience.

Come forward and share your thoughts.