Discussion Archive: April 2011

12 Apr 2011 - 9:59pm
24 weeks ago
4 replies
gthomas10

Quick View on ecom sites

Does anyone have any good studies on the use of Quick View functionalities in ecom sites? 

For example Target offers a Quick View that opens a div with a limited set of information primarily focused on the product details.

12 Apr 2011 - 4:03am
pablo
12 Apr 2011 - 1:31am
oozcan

KocSistem Company PhD Grant in Computer Science; specializing in Interaction Design

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 12.0px 0.0px; text-align: justify; font: 12.0px Arial} span.s1 {text-decoration: underline ; color: #154fae} span.Apple-tab-span {white-space:pre}

Koc University
Industrial PhD Employment in Computer  Science; specializing in Interaction Design 

11 Apr 2011 - 6:12pm
3 years ago
4 replies
Terms:
Shi

HCI in Chengdu, China?

Hello all,

I am desperately looking for information about the HCI (UE/IXD) field in Chengdu, China in terms of opportunities, companies to check, or people to connect with. I know this looks like a long shot, but any information you have would be really appreciated!

Many thanks in advance :)

11 Apr 2011 - 7:45am
+1
3 years ago
2 replies
Joe Sokohl

UX Midwest Rocked!

What a great conference! Fabulous lineup, great volunteers, and hospitable city. This event proves the power of IxDA local groups as well as the benefit of partnering with other orgs. Oh, and also that not all design is done in NYC or Cupertino. ;)

11 Apr 2011 - 4:45am
3 years ago
1 reply
Joe Sokohl

What a great conference Midwest UX was!

Wow.

Midwest UX (http://midwestuxconference.com/) ended yesterday afternoon. What a fabulous conference! Check out the site for the details of who spoke (full disclosure: I was honored to do a 20-minute segment). Soon they'll post slides of folks' materials there as well, or look on Slideshare.

An excellent mix of speakers, activities, workshops, and after-events. Reminded me of the first IxDA conference in Savannah.

8 Apr 2011 - 2:51pm
3 years ago
2 replies
Jeff Kraemer

Facebook Connect and email opt-in

We're looking at implementing Facebook Connect on our Join page, allowing new users to create an account either through a standard sign-up form or through Facebook Connect. I'm looking for thoughts on the best way to also present an email opt-in option.

On our standard form, we have a checkbox, checked by default, to opt-in to our newsletter. Adding the same checkbox beneath the Facebook Connect button seems like the most sensible way to go, but it also feels a little clunky to me.

7 Apr 2011 - 1:22pm
oozcan

Industrial PhD Grant in Game-based design

Industrial PhD Grant in Game-based design

Ref number: 2011-97
Position : Temporay employment
Closing date for application: 2011-05-12

6 Apr 2011 - 12:34pm
3 years ago
10 replies
smsorensen

Looking for examples of saving searches and retrieving saved searches.

Looking for examples of saving searches and retrieving saved searches. I've seen ebay & monster.

6 Apr 2011 - 2:28am
Angeline.I

Using product reviews and discussion forums for user research

Has anyone here used discussion forums, and product reviews to learn more about users? Take, for example, if I want to know what kind of users are buying products from an online retailer.Does it help if I look at reviews (from some other selected retailers) of the products being sold, and get an idea based on the criteria the buyer has used to evaluate the product. And how helpful are discussion forums, where I can read about their good and bad experiences with products.