Discussion Archive: May 2011

31 May 2011 - 7:13pm
3 years ago
1 reply
Sandy Gopal

DC Metro based UX recruiters

Hello,

I am looking for good UX recruiters who focus on DC metro area, any reference would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

Sandy

sandygopal52 at gmail.com

31 May 2011 - 2:29pm
3 years ago
10 replies
Terms:
johnwromano

EITHER mail OR phone required in a form?

I have a client that is requiring EITHER a phone number OR email in exchange for some valuable whitepapers. Has anyone experimented with conditional validation that requires one of the two fields?

I wonder how to even inform users that we need one or the other. I could just as easily require email and make phone optional if this is a bad idea. My only thought is that users who would rather receive a phone call might not want to provide their email address and abandon the form.

31 May 2011 - 10:51am
2 years ago
2 replies
ravenk

Mentors, IxDA NYC

Hi all, 

I am new to the field of IxD and would greatly appreciate a mentorship with an experienced designer. I know that the IxDA branches in Boston and L.A. have already started mentorship programs but, as far as I can tell, the NYC branch has not. 

Are there any senior Interaction Designers who would be interested in mentoring?

Thank you,

Raven

30 May 2011 - 3:16am
Javier Cañada ·...

5way + touchscreen

Hi everyone,

At vostok we recently came up with a concept for an interface that should combine touch input (big surfaces, little link density, directonality...) with a remote control fiveway (arrows + ok/back), all for a VOD service. The result is here:

http://www.vostokstudio.com/portfolio/movistarvideo

We kind of designed it with no external references, which made us a bit insecure during the design stage. Does any of you know of another interface that combines both basic remotec ontrol interaction with touchscreen or just regular mouse interaction?

28 May 2011 - 5:55pm
ovall

Visual interface training/workshops in Europe

Hi, 

I'm searching for some good and short trainings/workshops in the field of "visual interface design" taking place in Europe. I've seen the one that Cooper offers ,it seems very good and interesting but I was looking for something closer, I live in Spain right now, and I want something around Europe.

Do you know about any course of that kind in Europe?

28 May 2011 - 8:20am
NYC IxDA

Tickets Now on Sale for the 2011 User Experience Awards

The User Experience Awards showcase the value of User Experience in creating successful digital products and services. This event is a partnership between NYC IxDA, NYC-CHI, NYC UPA and the IA Meetup. It features jurors Chloe Gottlieb, Bryan Hamilton, Peter March, Gloria Petron, Whitney Quesenbery, Nicole Rubin, Kip Voytek and Beverly May.

27 May 2011 - 6:10pm
Terms:
smsorensen
27 May 2011 - 3:23pm
Matt Nish-Lapidus

Issues posting via email

Hi Everybody,

Some recent questions form members had me wondering if posting to the site via email had been working at all over the last little while.. After some investigation I realized that it wasn't.

I'm very sorry to those who were inconvinienced by the issue. I have processed all the messages that were waiting, but not identified why they hadn't been processed in the first place. I'll be manually processing new messages for a while until we figure out what's going on.