Discussion Archive: August 2011

28 Aug 2011 - 7:37pm
2 years ago
12 replies
Christina Li

Working in the US

Hi all

I'm considering relocating to the States and really not sure about the visa issue. Does anybody know if it's very difficult for British passport holders to get a work visa in the states? What is the procedure? Can we apply by ourselves or must have a company to apply for us?

Any advice and sharing of experience will be much appreciated.

Regards

Christina

24 Aug 2011 - 8:55pm
2 years ago
2 replies
aok

Bentley U "Human Factors in Information Design" Online program

Has anyone taken this program? Does it have a good reputation? What is a comparable program offered online?

Thanks!

chococanel

[Event] Call for Particpation: Prototype Sprint in Berlin on Sunday!

Hi! we want to build a game that helps people learn from each other as they explore how to build collaborative and resilient futures. On Sunday August 28 we're hosting a prototype sprint to explore these ideas and we'd like you to help us out. We're looking for educational and social futurists, game designers, developers and interaction designers who are interested in collaborating on game concepts that will make it easier to shape our lives and learn from each other.

24 Aug 2011 - 4:29am
Sachendra

Usability issues in Pulse iPhone app

Pulse is a news reader app for the iPhone and it's been getting some rave reviews in the blogoshpere, however I believe it has major usability issues. I have put my detailed thoughts down i my post

http://sachendra.wordpress.com/2011/08/24/usability-issues-in-pulse-iphone-app/

Would love to hear your thoughts

23 Aug 2011 - 5:50pm
2 years ago
2 replies
aZippel4iD

Analysis of card sorting data in Excel

I am looking for insight on how to use Excel to analyze data obtained from a card sort. Any help would be appreciated.

23 Aug 2011 - 11:13am
2 years ago
3 replies
Stefan Ricard

Do you find that free webinars are typically worth attending?

Is anyone attending this webinar tomorrow?
Do you find that they're typically useful or a waste of time?

Drive bottom line impact through effective application prototyping 
Prototyping best practices deliver more effective websites and applications in less time 

23 Aug 2011 - 9:48am
2 years ago
4 replies
Emmett Barton

Writing Interaction Documentation for iOS

I've completed the UI and UX design for an iPad app and now it's time to hand everything off for development and I was wondering if there were any best practices for documenting the interaction design for the developer. Our dev is in house, so I can just pop over and talk to him, but I think documentation would be best for workflow.  

If you've had experience documenting interaction design for iOS in the past, please share. 

Cheers, 

Emmett

23 Aug 2011 - 9:45am
2 years ago
3 replies
stepheneighmey

Can an Activity Feed be a Pull rather than a Push?

I'm looking at various UI patterns for activity feeds to inform my designs for a SAAS application and a development parameter is that this feed can only be refreshed by the user by either a page refresh or a refresh button or icon. Is this a valid element for an activity feed (a pull rather than a push of information to the user)?

23 Aug 2011 - 4:39am
2 years ago
1 reply
Fredrik Ampler

[JOB] UX designer wanted, Visby, Sweden

Pratar du svenska? Är du ett designskolat ux proffs som vill jobba med spel och bo på Gotland?Jag har ett skönt team som behöver en kollega: hör av dig!
http://bit.ly/qrflFz

Fredrik Ampler

Experience design manager

fredrik.ampler@svenskaspel.se

070-607 7373

22 Aug 2011 - 4:44pm
2 years ago
2 replies
uxmovement

Why Rounded Corners are Easier on the Eyes

It turns out that there are more to rounded corners than just looks. Rounded corners can actually aid visual processing.

Details and research are in the article:

Why Rounded Corners are Easier on the Eyes