Discussion Archive: August 2011

7 Aug 2011 - 6:37am
2 years ago
1 reply
Neil Simpson

Most efficient tools for a large UX production environment

I'm currently reviewing best/most efficient tools for a large UX production environment and would be interested in hearing experiences from other UXers who have been down this well worn path before.

The ideal solution for me would be one single tool that:

1. Generates greyscale wires (with a good widget library)
2. Outputs them in semi decent html for testing
3. Lets designers work out of the same file so they can switch out elements
4. Has a built in team review tool

6 Aug 2011 - 6:33pm
2 years ago
1 reply
Shilpi Joshi

Should we have testimonials, from UX clients and candidates, on our website homepage?

Hello All,

At Bestica, nation's leading User Experience staffing company, we thus are in the process of revamping our website to convey our value proposition better to the UX community at large.

Thus, we were wondering if having testimonials from our clients and candidates on our websiite homepage be helpful to instill trust to the UX community in our services, or if it wouldn't really have any major affect to the viewers coming to our website.

Your kind suggestions on this matter will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

6 Aug 2011 - 6:43am
2 years ago
1 reply
Jan Dittrich

Research User Needs on a Budget: Your Experiences

Often we have not much money and time when we do research on our users needs. Nevertheless it is often urgently needed to get some insights of what the problems, goals and current experiences of people are.

I would be interested in how you uncover user needs on a budget!

5 Aug 2011 - 4:04pm
2 years ago
1 reply
lolab

Web "feedback" button effectiveness

Hi:

I'm wondering if anyone has any data on what a typical response rate for web surveys (the kind that are embedded on a site, like the one here on IXDA or the exit site variety)?  If anyone's implemented them before, what information were you hoping to discover and how useful did you find the results? 

Also looking for any information about how to best implement them on a site in terms of visibility, encouraging participation, etc.

Thanks!

Laura.

3 Aug 2011 - 3:11pm
Eric Harris

QNX Photon developer wanted

Looking for a developer who is familiar with Photon programming on QNX.

We have the basic system and software on place, but the look & feel of it needs to be styled by implementing some new design elements (buttons, backgrounds, etc.) The UX design is complete - just need someone who can implement it on the existing software.

Please let me know if you can help, or if you know someone. Thanks!

1 Aug 2011 - 4:40pm
Dustin Kirk

UX Intern Wanted - San Diego - Neustar Webmetrics

Please forward to individuals or groups who may be interested.For more details contact: dustin.kirk@neustar.biz

Description:
Paid Internship at Neustar Webmetrics (http://www.webmetrics.com)

1 Aug 2011 - 12:00pm
2 years ago
1 reply
Terms:
duopixel

Participate in a quick wayfinding experiment

I'm running a quick and dirty experiment on designers and developers and their perception on "what works best" in a wayfinding context.

My developer to designer ratio is 3:1 right now, and I'd like to level that out. Participation only takes 3 minutes tops and I'm not collecting any personal data.

I'll share the results when it's ready. Thanks!

http://method.ac/test/