Discussion Archive: October 2011

16 Oct 2011 - 3:46pm
2 years ago
4 replies
OliveColored

Career Advice for a Failed Print Designer

I graduated from college in 2009 with a dual Degree in Art and Communications with an emphasis in Graphic Design. After school, I moved back to my hometown and couldn't find a job. Looking back now it actually makes me laugh that I thought those skills would actually land me a job.

16 Oct 2011 - 9:43am
2 years ago
6 replies
rohitrmehta

Interaction Design Process and Deliverables

What is your interaction design process and what are the deliverables you focus on?

15 Oct 2011 - 8:52pm
Margaret Schultz

Survey of UX Professionals

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/UXProfessionals_screener

I'm unashamedly shilling for my friend & colleague Cynthia Putnam, who is a professor at DePaul University in the College of Computing and Digital Media. 

14 Oct 2011 - 12:30pm
2 years ago
8 replies
Powers

Software for Multivariate Usability Testing

Does anyone have any suggestions for software that allows for multivariate testing? I've got a project that have numerous paths a user can take and standard click throughs wont cut it. Based on user selections from initial steps the later steps may change and the software would need to allow for this. 

context: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multivariate_testing

14 Oct 2011 - 10:05am
oozcan

Research Position in Game Design and Animation

Koc University, Department of Media and Visual Arts, invites applications for full-time faculty positions of any rank (beginning September 2012). Qualified candidates should have a Ph.D. at the time of employment. Areas of specialization are open, but candidates with applied and/or research experience in film, video, animation, and/or game design are particularly encouraged to apply.

14 Oct 2011 - 8:33am
4 weeks ago
1 reply
Keshhav

Which the best Usability certification course to take up?

Please recommend some worthy and exciting places where one can really value and learn about Usability principles, concepts, process and get into details of Usability, interaction design, UX design.

I'm from India and looking for a some suggestions from the experts on which is the best place to get certified in Usability to propel the skills and improve the way we do everyday things in Usability.

14 Oct 2011 - 5:00am
2 years ago
4 replies
Adam.Dew

Maximum number of table columns in from UX point of view

Hello,

Does anyone have any clear UX  guidelines on the number of columns to use in HTML tables. Current client wants upwards of 25 columns!! They just don't seem to understand the UX implications of this and why we need to reduce it.

Also, has anyone come across any nice methods of presenting tables that have a fixed left column but a tabbed X-axis? I.e. we shrink the 25 columns into 2/3 tabs hiding some of the content until a tab is selected??

Appreciate any recommendations!

Adam.

13 Oct 2011 - 2:06pm
ktp

Content Customization

Hello,

12 Oct 2011 - 10:40am
+3
Séamus T. Byrne

No More VAT! Early-Bird Still Open! It's the Perfect Time to Register for Interaction12

We have some great news to share with you.

It's not often that a tax department gives anyone good news, but thanks to the persistent efforts of the Interaction12 Committee and Abbey Conference, we've just learned that Irish Revenue has decided that we no longer have to charge VAT on registrations for Interaction12.

This means the registration to Interaction12 is now 21% cheaper than before! Don't worry, if you've already booked, you'll be getting a refund for the VAT portion of your payment in the next couple of weeks.

12 Oct 2011 - 9:01am
Danny Hope

UX Brighton earlybird ends tonight + 8th speaker announcement

(cross-posted)

Don’t miss your last chance to get a ticket to the UX Brighton 2011 conference for just £99. Early bird tickets end today at 10pm, after that the full price is £149.

Friday, 4 November 2011 (1 day) Brighton Corn Exchange, UK

http://uxbrighton.org.uk/

Also, we’ve just confirmed that our 8th speaker will be Mike Atherton, an independent UX consultant currently working with the BBC.