Discussion Archive: November 2011

10 Nov 2011 - 12:27am
+1
2 years ago
1 reply
Jeremy Yuille

2012 Student Design Challenge is open for entries

Thomson Reuters and the IxDA are very pleased to announce the launch of our 2012 Student Design Challenge!

Entries are open now, and close on December 5, 2011. Be in the running to win a scholarship to Interaction 12 in Dublin, and take part in an exciting design challenge around the future of news.

8 Nov 2011 - 8:58am
2 years ago
10 replies
shoobe01

Design for Every Screen

I've worked out what I really think about trends like Mobile First, and have made sense of the way I have been working for years. Read up on my user centric approach to finding the right design, and the right channel, input, and interface, for your product.

http://shoobe01.blogspot.com/2011/11/design-for-every-screen.html

7 Nov 2011 - 7:49pm
bojcampbell

Large scale survey: SUS, NPS or ...?

I have an opportunity to survery a very large number of users before the release of a new version in January. I was considering using the net promoter survey but then read some articles that were critical of NPS. The release is on a particular page of a web app and will grab the users while using that specific tool. I've used SUS in the past but typically with internal users that are not critical enough.

sam creative

Visual UI Designers - where are they all hiding?

My job as a recruiter within this very specific area is made somewhat harder by the fact that it's becoming increasingly difficult to find fresh candidates for the roles I have to offer. Surely there's got to be more cracking Visual Designers out there looking for work?

As a fellow recruiter, or even as a generally helpful person, can anyone out there direct me to websites (such as behance) where users are free to browse profiles and contact their owners? Or perhaps, does anyone know of any good online communities of user interface designers ?

6 Nov 2011 - 3:53pm
Terms:
tricky2beat

Finding the right fit?

Perhaps slightly of topic and considering its my first ever post to ixda I apologies if it is.

4 Nov 2011 - 11:55am
2 years ago
3 replies
damerms

Sitemapping a detailed Resource Library & Blog

How do you display these sections that are based on filters  on a deatiled sitemap?

1. Resource Library  ex. http://aidsspace.org/library.php. 
  2. Blogs  (Archives, Categories, Authors)

Feel free to send pictures of examples. 

Thanks,
Dave

4 Nov 2011 - 5:00am
mscsmi

Samsung Developers officially launches Samsung Theme Designer 2.0.0

Samsung Developers officially launches Samsung Theme Designer 2.0.0

On November 3, 2011, Samsung Developers launches the new version of Samsung Theme Designer which supports bada 2.0.

Samsung Theme Designer 2.0.0 is an authoring tool for designers and developers to create theme content for bada OS phones such as Wave 3 and Wave M. With its release, designers and developers will have the opportunity to create their own bada 2.0 themes and distribute them to millions of Samsung Mobile users across the globe via Samsung Apps.

4 Nov 2011 - 3:50am
marekp

Call for MEX Market Pulse speakers

Today we're opening submissions for the final speaker and facilitator places on the MEX programme: the MEX Market Pulse sessions.

This is an opportunity for practitioners riding the very edge of the mobile user experience wave to present at the 10th international MEX in London on 30th November - 1st December (http://pmn.co.uk/mex/).

3 Nov 2011 - 5:58pm
2 years ago
4 replies
moriandyama

Another beginner in need of advice: employment or grad school?

Hello,

Sorry to write another one of these beginner's advice threads: I know there are a lot of them and I have read a lot of them. I would still like to try to get some advice pertaining to my specific situation, if that's all right.

2 Nov 2011 - 10:14pm
+1
2 years ago
3 replies
andymontoya

The Google interface looks good for you?

I am a designer in brazilian company focuzed in financial communication and now I work in a new app project and my boss loves the Google interface in specific Gmail, but I dont know, I believe that Google is not good enough, is a good reference but is not the better user xperience, right?