Discussion Archive: December 2011

30 Dec 2011 - 10:22am
+3
2 years ago
7 replies
Dave Malouf

Ruminating an idea: Interest in a conference on Interaction Design Education

For the last bit I have been thinking about creating a separate conference that focuses on interaction design education. By no means is this an academic/research conference, but rather a summit, working group, that is interested in tackling the life-long issues of an interaction designer's career. I moved from industry to education because I saw deep issues in the career development of interaction designers, especially at the early stages of formal educaiton and have grown to hear a must wider perspective on the topic.

27 Dec 2011 - 10:30am
2 years ago
4 replies
njethwa

Please provide feedback

Hi all,

Wireframes.org is an online Wireframing and Prototyping tool.

Can you please review the website and the application and provide feedback:
https://www.wireframes.org 

Thank you,
Nilesh

24 Dec 2011 - 4:55pm
2 years ago
10 replies
BrintonBoehm

Undergraduate programs for HcI, HCC, and Informatics

After 4 years of education (2 year degree) focused heavily around aesthetic graphical design, and some time in the professional industry as an interface (ux) designer, I have decided to continue moving forward with further education. My passion for design interaction, mental cognition, and technology, leads me to believe that further education is the most logical step towards growing in these areas of focus–

22 Dec 2011 - 3:59am
neema

What's on your holiday shopping list?

Hey just wanted to get a look at your lists for this holiday season!

What books are you looking at? What software? Gizmos?

21 Dec 2011 - 5:08pm
Steve Portigal

Announcing the (Phase 1) winners of the IxD12 Student Design Challenge

Whew! Our wonderful judges have sifted through the 56 entries! We heard from a number of judges how impressed they were overall with the quality of the entries and the creativity and passion that the group overall had to offer. Of course, this makes the selection process a difficult one.

21 Dec 2011 - 12:03pm
Elizabeth Bacon

Early-bird-priced ticket for Interaction12

Hello IxDA peeps,

Long time no speak! Hope everybody's doing very well. I have an early-bird-priced ticket (575 euros) for Interaction12 that it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to use. I'm heart-broken to break my streak of attending all the Interaction conferences to date, but c'est la vie....Transferring registration from me to you is perfectly OK according to the conference website.

20 Dec 2011 - 5:03pm
2 years ago
5 replies
hkjung81@gmail.com

Web Information Visualization Tool

Hi,

I am surveying tools for interactive web information visualization, which is not too technical for class project but still feasible enough to be applied to practical project.

I guess Flex or Flare would not be compatible anymore alogn with the declination of Flash ActionScript (is this correct...?). Then Processing would be a reasonable tool to start information visualization with? What do you think a good interactive visualization tool that can be applied to senior design course project with technical compatibility as well as design flexibility?

Mjmc_coy

Creating Your Own Design Patterns

Hi all - I am a UX designer whose recently been given responsibility for getting our design pattern library up to speed. Can anyone recommend a researched based design patter library - similar to the usability.gov publication - but newer and more comprehensive. Looking to spend some money, or get what I can for free. Any leads would be much appreciated!!