Discussion Archive: January 2012

31 Jan 2012 - 3:14pm
2 years ago
17 replies
truth1ness

How do you organize all your 'design idea' clippings?

I'm always taking screenshots of cool website interactions or designs when I browse around and put them into a 'design ideas/inspirations' folder on my computer. I was wondering, for you designers that do something similar, how do you go about organizing your clippings?

30 Jan 2012 - 10:25pm
LukasA

Job outlook for prospective students.

Hello everyone!

I am a prospective student on a specialization course in interaction design. My background is in a general design programme (with a focus on graphic design) where I have worked freelance with games and apps. What I am interested in is how competetive the job market is out there? The kind of position I would love to have after my specialization course is as a interaction designer at a digital agency preferably in Stockholm - Sweden, London, New York or San Francisco. If anyone of you have any insights regarding this I would be delighted to hear them :)

28 Jan 2012 - 4:29pm
2 years ago
2 replies
Ogilve

Worth it to learn Flash now?

Hello. I am considering taking some interaction design courses (probably online) to build some needed skills in both design and design tools. However, in all of the courses I've examined so far, the main (and perhaps only) design tool involved is Flash.

I already know earlier versions of Flash and ActionScript pretty well, and I'm not opposed to learning more of it. My concern is that Adobe seems to be giving up on Flash (mobile for now, but I assume the rest will follow, won't it?), and I do not want to put effort into learning something that will soon be obsolete.

28 Jan 2012 - 4:20am
oozcan

RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP for Interaction Design

CALL FOR    PROGRAM
Koc University, Design Lab.

27 Jan 2012 - 9:10am
2 years ago
3 replies
digikev

Piloting end-to-end UX process for IT staff on intranet

I have been asked the question today

Will completing an end-to-end UX process for IT staff on the proposed intranet as an initial pilot cause any detriment to future user-centred design on the system?

This is an enterprise intranet and it has been estimated that there will be around 10 processes that will take place. It will have transaction points that will include the following:

25 Jan 2012 - 8:14pm
Terms:
joddo

Good examples of business goals

Hi All,

I need some good examples of distinct and measurable business goals.  I'm trying to make a case to my team what a real businesss goal is and how it positvely impacts the design process.  thanks. 

25 Jan 2012 - 1:41pm
Bruno Figueiredo

UXLx 2012 Talk Submissions end Friday 27 Jan

Just a friendly reminder that UXLx Talk Submissions end this Friday 27 January at midnight GMT. I know a lot of you submitted already but some of you might not know about it yet.

Talks are 20min long and we'd love to see new techniques, novel thinking or great use cases. You know, what makes you passionate about this field.

16 Slots are up for grabs and the ones we select get a FREE Silver ticket, amongst other goodies. 

Ready? Submit here then: http://www.ux-lx.com/submit.php 

SemanticWill

Agile UX NYC 2012 February 25th

Announcing: AgileUX NYC 2012, a one-day, single track conference in New York City.

Date: Saturday, February 25th

This conference is all about how to create great design experiences in an Agile development environment. Jeff Gothelf and I busted our ass to deliver the highest quality lineup of thinkers in the AgileUX space in downtown Manhattan for under $100.

24 Jan 2012 - 6:57pm
IxDA Interactio...

Interaction Awards People's Choice Award is now open for voting!

The Interaction Award’s People’s Choice Award is now open for voting!

We are very excited to celebrate the winners of the 2012 Interaction Awards, but there’s one award-winning project left to choose, and we need your help! The Interaction Awards’ People’s Choice voting is now open in an online gallery at http://awards.ixda.org/vote. Every member of IxDA’s online community gets 3 votes for their favorite project from this year’s shortlist.

24 Jan 2012 - 4:18pm
Terms:
Lynn Pausic

Integrating UX and Agile - March 1st

Hi All -

Expero and Agile Velocity offer a 1 day course on UX & Agile. Next date is March 1st in Austin, Texas. http://bit.ly/t9PoTH

There is a 10% discount for IXDA folks. Enter promo code IXDA during check out.