Discussion Archive: February 2012

29 Feb 2012 - 7:13pm
+1
2 years ago
5 replies
Alan Hogan

IxDA.org usability problem: sign-in

I just wanted to note that I was seriously stymied by the way that ixda.org requires a "username not email address" to log in. And since my username includes a space, neither myself nor my password manager seemed to think that was really my username — so the server repeatedly rejected my attempts to log in as an email & password pair.

Given that so many websites (including Twitter, for one) allow users to use either their username or password, would it be fair to extrapolate a best practice of allowing such flexibility whenever possible?

29 Feb 2012 - 5:32am
2 years ago
3 replies
jstrande

Planning App - switching between plan & work

I'm working on an app that has two main usage occasions.

1.) Planning for the upcoming monthly and weekly events

2.) Doing the daily work that was planned

The idea is that each month the new priorities for the upcoming month are delivered, and the people will plan out their month based on these priorities. Each week, they will update their plans for the upcoming week.

Monday thru Friday is all about actually doing the planned work - visiting customers, executing against the priorities, etc. 

28 Feb 2012 - 1:26pm
lunytnz

Best design approach for attaching/uploading multiple files?

It seems the best approach for providing the capability to attach or upload multiple files at once is to make it automatic (that is, the files upload automatically, as soon as you select them--as Google does when attaching files in GMail), but the solutions I've seen are built in Flash.  Of course, if you want for people to use their mobile tablet or phone to select multiple files at once, Flash won't work on iPads and iPhones. 

28 Feb 2012 - 11:03am
2 years ago
1 reply
morville

Understanding IA

We hope you have as much fun exploring our Prezi...

http://is.gd/iaprezi

...as we had working together on its creation. Cheers!

Peter Morville

28 Feb 2012 - 10:08am
+1
1 year ago
1 reply
benjabennett

Working with Subject Matter Experts (SME's)

I currently work with Medical Software, after having been in consumer oriented software for years. Working with SME's has proven to be very difficult as Clinicians. Developing a working relationship so that each role is getting the benefit of each others expertise, rather than dis-trusting each other is key.

Are there any great reports, experiences suggestions?

27 Feb 2012 - 2:54am
+1
Terms:
Henri Huttunen

Back/Forward on web-app mode for iPad

How have you solved having to reinvent Back/Forward for web-app/full screen iPad experience? Is having to do it worth the extra immersion?

26 Feb 2012 - 11:40pm
2 years ago
13 replies
tamella

What tools do you use for backing up files to cloud, time entry, and project management?

Hello, I'm curious what tools others are using for backing up files now that idisk will be going away.  Any new project or time entry applications out?

What tools do you use for backing up files to cloud, time entry, and project management?

Thanks,

Tammy

25 Feb 2012 - 2:35am
Sophie Tsai

CMU or SVA students or alumni

Hello everyone,

I am a college student from Taiwan and now look forward to apply for  Interaction Design program after I graduate from college. However, as a student with zero design background, I am seeking for people who are willing to share experiences. It won't take long because I only have some questions so far. If you are interested, please contact me through e-mail: guellimots@gmail.com

It would be a great help if someone is willing to reply.

Thanks!

24 Feb 2012 - 12:25pm
2 years ago
5 replies
Terms:
Ras

IX / UX or UI designer?

Hi All,

All through my career, as a Graphic Designer I never explored anything other than graphic and print design. Now, I am interested and want to expand my skill set. I have no coding knowledge, but can understand HTML and css codings. I am not good with coding and at this point in my career, I dont want to get into it. I am interested to learn more about IX, UX and UI design. Wherever I search, I am not able to find any standard description or  defined career path for UX, IX  / UI designer.  

24 Feb 2012 - 9:30am
Louis Rosenfeld

ANN: new book-in-progress: "Content Everywhere"

(apologies for duplicate postings)