• Human-Computer Interaction
  • User Centered Design
  • User Experience Design
  • Interaction Design

Thanks,

24 Feb 2012 - 5:28am
Hitoshi Enjoji

Several Services' Account Unification

I would like to know whether there are good practices to unify several services' account.

23 Feb 2012 - 8:32pm
2 years ago
1 reply
Anne de Ridder

Blogs: inter-page navigation

I've noticed that on many blogs (especially those built with WordPress theme 2010) that within a specific blog post page there is navigation at the top of the post page that allows the user to navigate to the previous or following post.

23 Feb 2012 - 8:56am
2 years ago
8 replies
Chris Callaghan

Recommended books on persona and scenario creation

The title says it all really ; )

I read a few threads on IxDA about the process of creating personas and using a modelling / plotting method to understand competencies etc, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend any "excellent" books on this topic.

Also, any recommendations on books for creating scenarios as a follow on process would be helpful as I'm looking for some linkage tools and processes in this area e.g. Research > Personas > Scenarios > Metal Models

Many thanks,

Chris

22 Feb 2012 - 5:27pm
+1
2 years ago
1 reply
Steve Baty

Interaction|12 - a recap

The Interaction|12 conference was held in Dublin, Ireland on Feb 1-4. The event represents one of the major highlights of the Interaction Design calendar, and sees people from around the world gather together to connect, share and learn.

22 Feb 2012 - 3:29am
2 years ago
10 replies
Sofia Klasson

What is there for us to learn from the film industry?

Normal 0 21 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

21 Feb 2012 - 1:31pm
twhume

Adaptive user interfaces, Magic Ink and contextual awareness

Hi

Shamefully late, I've come across the Magic Ink essay by Bret Victor[1]. I'm interested in his proposal for an ecosystem by which applications might promote sharing of topic and thus contextual awareness.

I can see this came up on this list back in 2007, but is anyone aware of critiques of this approach; implementations or attempted implementations; or other relevant material I could check out? I'm considering producing a dummy implementation of his proposed ecosystem to test and play with, and I'd like to know what's been done here already since he first wrote his paper.

20 Feb 2012 - 9:26pm
10 weeks ago
5 replies
Borrys Hasian

In-App Notification on Mobile App

What: A kind of messaging app like WhatsApp.

Challenge:

1. What's the best way to display an in-app notification for an incoming message?
  2. How to display notification of multiple incoming message?

Thanks guys :)

20 Feb 2012 - 1:53pm
+1
2 years ago
2 replies
Terms:
mprove

Interaction 12 - Highlights

Hi,

here are my highlights of Interaction12: https://blogs.oracle.com/mprove/tags/ixd12

cheers to all the presenters and organizers

Matthias

Mesq

Defamiliarisation in Innovation and Usability @ CHI 2012

We still have space for a couple of participants for the following workshop:

http://design.canonical.com/chi-2012/

Defamiliarisation in Innovation and Usability