Discussion Archive: February 2012

19 Feb 2012 - 12:32pm
2 years ago
1 reply
ptamzz

Typing on touch devices for the visually impaired and the blind

I would love to have a discussion on the new concept apps and UIs for the blind at http://12bubbles.com/2012/02/19/touch-and-type-interfaces-for-the-blind/

The link above has 4 different concept UIs [videos] to enable braille typing on touch devices (Including ones developed by researchers at Stanford University, Georgia Tech and independent designers including myself).

19 Feb 2012 - 11:58am
marianamota

Improving collaboration between designers and developers in digital projects Improving collaboration between designers and developers in digital projects

Hi. We are Mariana Mota, interaction designer and James Morris, front-end developer and we are researching ways of improving collaboration and flow between design and development teams.

18 Feb 2012 - 5:02am
2 years ago
6 replies
Shivanand R Yerva

Time selection

I have a settings page where in Admin has to set Log In Time, Log Out Time, Timezone settings from Monday to Friday to all the agents. In the "mockup1" I have designed, Admin needs to select the time for all days. This will take a lot of time as he has to click 30 times to complete.
mockup1.png

17 Feb 2012 - 10:14am
Sophie Tsai
17 Feb 2012 - 6:56am
Adrian Howard

Last CFP: UX Stage @ Agile 2012 - deadline THIS SUNDAY

Hi folks,

Just a reminder to those who've been consider submitting to the User Experience stage at Agile 2012 - we'd love to have your submission but... THE FINAL DEADLINE IS THIS SUNDAY 19th FEB :-)

This year we are especially interested in the ways Agile and User Experience practices are being combined in the Lean Startup and Lean UX communities — but all Agile/UX related sessions are welcome.

Vitorio

Comprehensive research on a local community, for local communities

If you're a local leader, and you've ever felt like you see the same people at every meeting, or you only see different people at every meeting and they've never heard of IxDA, or you're tired of running meetings but there's no-one to take over, this is for you.

If you attend local meetings, and you've ever felt like your local group doesn't meet enough, or the topics aren't relevant enough, or it's hard to find a job in town, or you don't know enough people, or you're the smartest person in the room all the time, or everything is always over your head, this is for you.

13 Feb 2012 - 2:40pm
2 years ago
1 reply
nikhiljoshi122

Help With Research Project - Bridging Physical and digital worlds

Hello All,

I just complete one of my academic projects named "Bridges". The Project aimed at bridging the physical and the digital world. You can have a look at it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i45m4dN_4eE

Now I want to go forward in studying the topic in detail and come up with another iteration. It would be great if people here can direct me to useful vocabulary , research papers or their suggestion's, criticism and insight's over my project.

13 Feb 2012 - 9:47am
2 years ago
8 replies
Terms:
morville

Search UI Question

Scenario

Users can search a full-text collection that includes free and fee-based documents. All works have a document surrogate ("content detail page") that's visible to all users.

Challenge

In search results, we don't want to show the snippet (keyword in context) for fee-based documents, because persistent users may be able to piece together what they need without paying. The current plan is to replace the snippet with "Matched on Full Text."

Questions

* Is there a better way?

12 Feb 2012 - 8:23pm
Michal Kopec

Designer Fair at Stanford dschool | Sat. 3/3 from 11:30am-4pm

Save the date for the Designer Fair v.2 on Saturday March 3rd from 11:30am-4:00pm at the Stanford dschool.