Discussion Archive: April 2012

30 Apr 2012 - 12:16pm
1 year ago
1 reply
jfdonohoe

Examples of Contextual Access to a Ubiquitous System

Looking for examples of a large enterprise-like system that has specific UX for contexual access.

Heres an example called "Ubranflow" which is like a Metro-wide Opertating System that is accessible via a browser from home, a user's mobile device, large touchscreen kiosks.  http://vimeo.com/26030147

Its a nice example of a single far-reaching system that has multiple interfaces, each one specifically desgined for the tasks of the context.

27 Apr 2012 - 7:46am
1 year ago
1 reply
Ali Naqvi

The Mobile Playbook from Google

http://www.themobileplaybook.com

Regards

Ali

http://alinaqviamrohvi.blogspot.com/

26 Apr 2012 - 11:37pm
Terms:
Austin Govella
26 Apr 2012 - 6:23pm
1 year ago
2 replies
rkeeves

Project Management Tools for Design

Hey Everyone,

I'd love to get some feedback on tools for staying organized during the design phase of BIG projects.

26 Apr 2012 - 8:21am
1 year ago
1 reply
nadine.white

Guidelines for developing for older adults

Hello!

Does anyone know of guidelines or design patterns specifically aimed at interface design for older adults? Could be for mobile devices, web interfaces or any other kind of device with a visual display.

Thank you!

26 Apr 2012 - 7:20am
1 year ago
1 reply
felipeerias

Card sorting with blind users

Hi,

I am working on the redesign of the Preferences dialog for an application specifically intended for blind users. The current UI has grown over the years and right now contains about 50-70 different options.

25 Apr 2012 - 11:09am
Louis Rosenfeld
25 Apr 2012 - 9:18am
1 year ago
3 replies
sherihy

Single Page Checkout

I did a search here and couldn't find any discussions on this topic.

I am doing research on the pros and cons and best practices of Single Page Checkout. Most of the stuff I am finding seems to be from around 2009, when Single Page Checkout was both in vogue and having a backlash. So now that it's 2012, what do people think about Single Page Checkout? In 2009, it seems that the Gap was nearly the only Top 500 retailer using it, how many are using it now? Are there any recent conversion studies (hopefully from large retailers)?

23 Apr 2012 - 4:20am
Terms:
kevvstone

Strategies for moving/migrating to a new website

Hi,

I am currently working on a personal banking platform that, due to various internal reasons, will rely heavily on a 3rd party platform/software. My company would like to move away from the use of the 3rd party platform over the coming 1-2 years and have complete control of the platfom itself.

Doing so could result in the website having a different design, and updated functionality (not changing the core proposition of the service however).

20 Apr 2012 - 10:00am
1 year ago
9 replies
Terms:
dlines

How likely are users to switch browsers?

My company has developed a plug-in that we think our users will love, but right now it's for Chrome only and most of our visitors are using IE. Does anyone know of any research that has been done to suggest that users will - or won't - switch to a different browser so they can access content or features not provided by their current browser? Anyone have anecdotal evidence or experience with this question? Thanks in advance for your feedback.