Discussion Archive: May 2012

9 May 2012 - 3:45pm
1 year ago
3 replies
david.shaw6@gma...

Resource/PM Tool Like Basecamp?

Hi All,

I am trying to manage design resources/assets and would very much like to use Basecamp.  However, due to security reasons, it's not an option for my group.  Does anyone know if there is open source software like Basecamp that can do the same or similar things for a team of 15 or so? I need the project based approach, as well, some type of PM functionality.

Thanks in advance!
David

9 May 2012 - 3:42pm
1 year ago
1 reply
david.shaw6@gma...

Resource/PM Tool Like Basecamp?

Hi All,

I am trying to manage design resources/assets and would very much like to use Basecamp.  However, due to security reasons, it's not an option for my group.  Does anyone know if there is open source software like Basecamp that can do the same or similar things for a team of 15 or so? I need the project based approach, as well, some type of PM functionality.

Thanks in advance!
David

8 May 2012 - 9:59am
+1
1 year ago
4 replies
Julie Blitzer

Prototyping with OmniGraffle

Hi all,

I realize there isn't much talk on this list about how to prototype with OmniGraffle, so for those of you who use it to make your wireframes and deliverables, you may find this post I wrote useful: 

http://techblog.appnexus.com/2012/how-to-create-html-pdf-prototypes-using-omnigraffle-pro/

Feel free to comment (on the post is probably best) with any follow up questions.

8 May 2012 - 9:57am
Julie Blitzer

Prototyping with OmniGraffle

Hi all,

I realize there isn't much talk on this list about how to prototype with OmniGraffle, so for those of you who use it to make your wireframes and deliverables, you may find this post I wrote useful: 

http://techblog.appnexus.com/2012/how-to-create-html-pdf-prototypes-using-omnigraffle-pro/

Feel free to comment (on the post is probably best) with any follow up questions.

8 May 2012 - 8:41am
Terms:
Matt Nish-Lapidus

Email notification issues

Hi Everybody,

Over the last few days we have been experiencing email sending issues due to our SMTP server. I hope it will be resolved quickly, but until then there could be a long delay in receiving email notifications of new discussion posts.

Matt & IxDA

8 May 2012 - 8:34am
1 year ago
1 reply
Terms:
Matt Nish-Lapidus

Email notification issues

Hi Everybody,

Over the last few days we have been experiencing email sending issues due to our SMTP server. I hope it will be resolved quickly, but until then there could be a long delay in receiving email notifications of new discussion posts.

Matt & IxDA

7 May 2012 - 4:17pm
+1
1 year ago
2 replies
mahani

Product perception questionnaire

Does anyone know of any known Software product perception questionnaire that assesses how people perceive a product when they first take a look at it? For example, it looks complicated, it looks simple, it looks busy, ...

7 May 2012 - 11:22am
1 year ago
2 replies
fgh139

How to measure the effectiveness of a new proposed feature for an information system?

In my research I am introducing a new approach on effect of some social relation information on performance of an online information system. I have no idea how I can measure the possible effectiveness of proposed factors though a questionnaire. How do you write questions for a feature that doesn’t exist? As these features do not exist in the current system, they are “proposed” as being effective. I mean, the way I may use items for questionnaire can't be as simple as "I feel no difficulty in using this system".  

Please help me on this matter.

7 May 2012 - 9:53am
cara_hfes

HFES 2012 Annual Meeting: Save the Date!

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplore

5 May 2012 - 8:18pm
1 year ago
3 replies
Tiago Moita