Discussion Archive: July 2012

31 Jul 2012 - 5:24pm
Navid

Examples of visualizing an intangible product on a website?

Does anyone have examples of making an intangible product more tangible on a website?

For example, visualizing an medical insurance product or financial services product with a 3d rendering?

31 Jul 2012 - 2:44pm
+1
2 years ago
1 reply
cbachelder

Relationship between experience and engagement

Hello IxDA,

I've been doing some research into customer experience and ran across Jared Spool's article about "Making a Brand Investment Through Experience". He describes engagement as the sum of all experiences had across various touchpoints, which can be measured subjectively via Gallup's C11. 

William Hudson

Reminder: Human Error, Messages and Feedback this Thursday

(Apologies if you receive more than one of these.)

Human Error, Messages and Feedback Webinar on 2 August at 16:30 London Time

The Webinars are useful because they give great value and are convenient in bite size chunks. I can pass the most relevant information onto the team without everyone having to take a day off to go to a class presentation…
- George Harris, IT Director, Paperstone

29 Jul 2012 - 10:58pm
2 years ago
2 replies
Terms:
Deepak Arasu

Selling Apps for Tribes

Target user groups are tribes. What type of approach to UX design should be taken into consideration to make the application empowering and engaging? This application will need to make them feel comfortable, user friendly and task focused on their day to day business. Any Ideas/experiences are much appreciated.

29 Jul 2012 - 1:46pm
2 years ago
1 reply
Terms:
yayaru

Functional specs for IPhone - Ipad apps.

Hello,

I'm finishing an ipad application and I would like to know if anyone has an exemple of detailed functional specs to explain to the developers the functionalities of my application.

Thanks
yadira G.

26 Jul 2012 - 1:45pm
2 years ago
3 replies
dmitryn

Endeca search UI patterns library

Anyone know what happened to the Endeca search patterns library post-Oracle acquisition? Any UX folks from Oracle or Endeca here that can shed light on this?

Thanks,

Dmitry

23 Jul 2012 - 5:58pm
TeresaBrazen

Registration OPEN for a special UX Boot Camp...on Alan Cooper's farm! (15% discount for IxDA members)

Hey folks,

We're excited to offer a 15% discount to IxDA members for a very special upcoming UX Boot Camp on Alan Cooper's 50-acre farm! This is an intensive UX training experience not to be missed. To get your discount, email Michael@cooper.com with this code: IXDAMemberUXB.

TRAINING DETAILS

23 Jul 2012 - 11:42am
+1
virmanisandeep

Shifting one's Career from Graphic Designer to UX Designer

I have been doing lots of presentation around my city and inspiring graphic designer to focus on usability aspect of design. I have been getting lots of queries from experienced designers and new designers on how to successfully measure the career path for UX design and enter the same. They are also concerned that the shift should not back fire. What advises we can share with them for a successful and smooth transition to UX from Graphic design field.

William Hudson

Human Error, Messages and Feedback Webinar on 2 August

(Apologies if you receive more than one of these.)

Human Error, Messages and Feedback Webinar on 2 August at 16:30 London Time

The Webinars are useful because they give great value and are convenient in bite size chunks. I can pass the most relevant information onto the team without everyone having to take a day off to go to a class presentation…
- George Harris, IT Director, Paperstone