Discussion Archive: July 2012

23 Jul 2012 - 3:50am
brumguvnor

Virtual tours usability - any research in existence?

Hi everyone; I've got some virtual tours on a business event and conference venue site [http://www.venuebirmingham.com/meet/all-virtual-tours] created that are OK - but that I am aware break a lot of usability guidelines and heuristics...

19 Jul 2012 - 3:24pm
Terms:
Noreen Whysel

2012 IA Salary and Benefits Survey

2012 IA Salary and Benefits Survey is now open. Participate in the 2012 IA Salary and Benefits Survey to help our profession understand typical rates, educational background, job satisfaction, tenure and more. Go to: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2012-IA-Salary-Survey More from the IAI Newsletter #7.06, including partner news, jobs, library listings, events and more at http://t.co/KTijofaz
19 Jul 2012 - 10:22am
marekp

[Event] Programme for the next MEX, September 2012

The next MEX is on 19th & 20th September 2012 in London.

MEX shapes the future of mobile user experience by bringing together 100 speakers, facilitators and participants to work collaboratively on 6 MEX Pathways.

I've just published the programme for this 11th international edition, including details of the new Pathways and speakers:

http://pmn.co.uk/mex/

17 Jul 2012 - 9:20am
James Page
William Hudson

Reminder: Designing for SEO & Accessibility Webinar on 19 July

(Apologies if you receive more than one of these.)

Reminder: Designing for SEO & Accessibility Webinar on 19 July at 16:30 London Time

"I've seen a couple of your Webinar presentations recently, both of which have been very useful and have fed directly into the work my team is doing at the moment."
- George Harris, IT Director, Paperstone

15 Jul 2012 - 1:32am
2 years ago
2 replies
barbodmo

Funding opportunities for interaction design graduate studies

Hello

I have a BA in Industrial design, I would love to pursue an IxD master's degree but there is a serious hurdle: they are expensive, but there might be a solution: Funding, but...

Fact:          There is a lot of funding opportunities if you are pursuing an engineering  or a science degree all around US and Europe, you have to look for research positions on their websites and/or get in touch with professors.

Question: Is there such opportunities for IxDers or designers in general ?

12 Jul 2012 - 12:29pm
2 years ago
2 replies
lolab

Good information on designing for learning/educational institutions?

Hello:

I'm wondering if anyone could point me to some good resources (books, blog posts, websites etc) that focus on designing for educational tools, spaces and displays (info design)?  This would be for a science museum so there's the physical space to consider as well as their digital presence/tools that support learning.

Many thanks!

--Laura.

10 Jul 2012 - 3:17pm
ElohimGuevara

Orientation (help)

Hello everyone,

I am new in Interacion Design. My major is marketing and I want to study my master degree in Interaction Design and I want to study in USA, but I don´t have any experience in this topic. I am passionate about design. I have learned use of some tools like illustrator, photoshop and some techniques of arts (painting, drawing, woodcut). All of this is for understand the world differently, understand the interaction in each one of the humans.   

Any suggestions on what else I can do?

Indrajeet

[5 cities in India] UXD Training by Design Incubator, Monsoon 2012

Hello,
This is Indrajeet Bakhale from Design Incubator R & D Labs Pvt. Ltd. 
We are pleased to announce that we will be conducting two training courses in User Experience Design this monsoon. Both courses are offered in 5 different cities – Mumbai, Pune, Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Delhi NCR (see course schedules below). 

6 Jul 2012 - 12:39pm
IxDA Interactio...

2013 Interaction Awards to launch on July 17!

Hello!

The Interaction Awards team is busy preparing for our second annual Awards, aiming for a July 17, 2012 call for submissions. So, if you, or people you know, are interested in submitting this year, here’s your cue to start thinking about some of this year's examples of excellent interaction design. For inspiration, check out last year's winning projects, and our video profiles from last year's awards.