Discussion Archive: September 2012

30 Sep 2012 - 10:53pm
k lenox

Nominations for a NEW Regional Coordinator: Africa and the Middle East

IxDA is accepting nominations for a new Regional Coordinator responsible for Africa and the Middle East.  You may nominate yourself or someone you feel would be an excellent community leader.

28 Sep 2012 - 11:39am
1 year ago
2 replies
acchandler

User Research Recruiting Software Tools

I'm working on a project to develop user research, and we're interested in what software tools people use for recruiting. Do you use installed software and databases or services? What do you use? Thanks!

26 Sep 2012 - 4:32pm
1 year ago
3 replies
Amanda Nance

design patterns or examples of mapping fields

Has anyone seen design patterns and/or good examples of mapping
fields?

26 Sep 2012 - 3:15pm
IxDA Interactio...

Support your interaction design friends and colleagues by sharing your favorite projects!

It’s coming down to the wire with just five more days left to submit to the 2013 Interaction Awards. We’ve got entries coming in every day, from all over the world, and they’re looking great! BUT we want to make sure we’ve got all the best projects entered. And you can help.

26 Sep 2012 - 8:14am
Terms:
William Hudson

CHI 2013 Courses now opened for submission

We are now able to accept courses for next year’s CHI conference in Paris. They can be from 1 to 4 x 80 minute sessions across a broad range of topics, plus instructor compensation is fairly generous. See the Call for Participation at http://chi2013.acm.org/authors/call-for-participation/courses/

The submissions themselves should be made to http://www.precisionconference.com/~sigchi by 5 October.

25 Sep 2012 - 11:16pm
1 year ago
1 reply
Terms:
frankchi

Conference Hotel?

Hello,

I'm looking for a hotel for the IxDA 13 conference and I could use some recommendations.  Anyone know where the conference will be held and where I should stay? I need to book the hotel this week.

Thanks!

Frank

Jayson Elliot

Deconstructing the new Myspace demo

A video showing the coming redesign of Myspace has been making the rounds for the past day or so.

I decided to break it down screen-by-screen and see what was really going on in the new interface:

http://jaysonelliot.com/blog/2012/09/25/deconstructing-the-new-myspace-video/

25 Sep 2012 - 2:37pm
Steve Portigal

Announcing the Interaction13 Student Design Challenge

After a successful experience with the 2012 challenge, Jeremy Yuille and I are the co-chairs for the IxD13 2013 Student Design Challenge, sponsored by Intel Labs.

Entries are open now, and close on December 1, 2012. Be in the running to win a scholarship to Interaction 13 in Toronto, and take part in an exciting master class around the design challenge.

The challenge theme for 2013 is Playful Technology

25 Sep 2012 - 2:34pm
+1
IxDA Interactio...

IxDA Announces Adobe Typekit as a Sponsor of 2013 Interaction Design Awards

We’re excited to announce Adobe Typekit as one of this year’s 2013 Interaction Awards sponsors. Their generous support will help cover the costs of this year’s jury session in New York City, as well as the subsequent documentaries highlighting the winning work. Jurying will be held in November and the documentaries will debut January 2013, at this year’s Interaction Conference in Toronto.