Discussion Archive: October 2012

31 Oct 2012 - 12:07pm
2 years ago
1 reply
sassiesg

Interactive digital

Hello,

Does anyone have any ideas/examples  for great digital experiences at events. Looking to do some exciting things for a one day conference with suits. Looking at digital collaborative tables where we can load up presentations and have like minded peers talking/engaging  and possibly a  social media wall. If you know anyone who is doing some great things would love to hear about them.

30 Oct 2012 - 8:15am
Terms:
Matt Nish-Lapidus

Looking for volunteers to work on IxDA.org

The IxDA is currently looking for volunteers to help with our main online platform, IxDA.org. If you've been looking for a great way to get involved and support our community and our volunteer run organization now is the time!

Email volunteers@ixda.org if you're interested in either of the opportunities below.

We're looking for people to help out in two areas right now:

1. IxDA.org Moderation

29 Oct 2012 - 11:22pm
2 years ago
2 replies
Terms:
Alicia Nachman

Starting a user research 'repository'

I'm interested in helping other groups within my company make use of user research that my team does. Also, I'd like to be able to make use of (or at least be aware of) research or customer insights from other groups (sales or marketing, for example). I'm envisioning something online where people can post & search - maybe standardizing the entry in some way to keep some consistency in how data is entered. Has anyone tried something like this within your organization? I'm having a mental block on the best way to get started or pilot my idea, so I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

24 Oct 2012 - 4:09pm
+1
IxDconf

Kate Hartman and Albert Shum join Interaction13's keynote lineup

We are just three months out from the start of Interaction13 in Toronto - IxDA's sixth annual conference - and we are delighted to unveil two more of our keynote speakers.

23 Oct 2012 - 9:39pm
2 years ago
2 replies
Richard Carson
23 Oct 2012 - 5:40pm
grese

Incentives for remote, int'l usability testing?

Howdy. I'm a user researcher and starting to explore international, remote testing. In the past, I've used American Express gift cards for in-person tests. But this is more challenging with an international users. 

Does anyone have experience with this, or recommendatinons?

Thanks!

23 Oct 2012 - 11:37am
2 years ago
3 replies
trm382

Need help building the perfect laptop...

Hey guys,

I'm a long time follower of the group, but I haven't posted in years. I have a question I was hoping someone in the group could help me out with.

19 Oct 2012 - 3:20pm
2 years ago
1 reply
Mia Silverman

Recommendations needed: Recruiting/Staffing firms that specialize in UX/UI

Can anyone recommend a good recruiting/staffing agency that specializes in user experience jobs - ie.

19 Oct 2012 - 12:32pm
IxDA Interactio...

2013 Interaction Awards Shortlist Announced!

Repost from http://awards.ixda.org/blog/2013-interaction-awards-shortlist-announced

-------

Great news!

We’ve finalized the shortlist of entries for the 2013 Interaction Awards. The following 75 projects from 17 countries will be evaluated by our esteemed international Jury Panel when they convene in New York City on November 10 & 11.

2013 Interaction Awards Shortlist: