Discussion Archive: December 2012

31 Dec 2012 - 6:20am
William Hudson

User-Centred Design Webinars

Just a quick note to mention that our Guerrilla UCD webinar sale has been extended to 7 Jan. Visit www.guerrillaucd.com for full details and a free one-hour overview.

29 Dec 2012 - 8:47am
diedal

PhD in Interaction Design

Dear IXDAs,

I'm looking for a PhD in Interaction Design.

Which are the best School/Universities that offer this kind of program?

Thanks 

Diego

26 Dec 2012 - 2:48pm
mbudhiraja

MS in HCC(Human Centered Computing)

I am a Computer Sciences Graduate and applying to the masters degree in HCI. Can anybody tell me any reviews about the University of Maryland, Baltimore County's Human Centered Computing program?

26 Dec 2012 - 10:00am
1 year ago
1 reply
kmritter

Where Is A Good Place to Find Information Architects?

Hello all i'm new to the community and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on a good space I could converse with and pick information architects brains? I'm looking for some kind of forum or conference in the New England area.

Thanks,

Kristen

21 Dec 2012 - 8:26pm
pabini

IxDA Silicon Valley Event at Yahoo! :: Jan 23 2013 :: Steven Hoober on Designing for Ecosystems Instead of Screens and Pages

Too often, we design systems for boxes—whether big, metal boxes that it would take a forklift to move or little plastic boxes that we carry around in our pockets—rather than thinking about how they are connected and how people can share and use them to do work. When it’s all about the computer or device, we design systems, tasks, and content that fit into those little boxes.

19 Dec 2012 - 4:04pm
1 year ago
1 reply
MPawson

Configuring user defined views from a widget library

I ran a design studio yesterday with several developers, project managers including the senior application dev manager and had them sketch ideas for our oil and gas web application. The studio was everything it should be; ideas were flying onto the paper and a lot of discussion amongst people who do not usually work on the same projects.

19 Dec 2012 - 3:11pm
1 year ago
2 replies
Katrina Tempero

Star rating with commenting

I am working on developing a 3-5 star configurable rating system to rate the main content within web-based software. The main content can also be commented on, and users can use thumbs up/ thumbs down voting to rate the comments. I was thinking that liking would be better for comments, but am wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of some good usability studies. Non-UX people are requesting that comments should be rated by stars as well, or use five thumbs up instead of stars in the name of consistancy; both feel wrong to me and I need data to prove my point.

18 Dec 2012 - 10:04am
jpannafino

Suggestions on book promotion?

Hello all,

I have been a lurker but this is my first official post. I recently published a book titled "Interdisciplinary Interaction Design: A Visual Guide to Basic Theories, Models and Ideas for Thinking and Designing for Interactive Web Design and Digital Device Experiences." It's a book geared towards interactive design educators to help transition their students to thinking about interaction design. I try to use visual diagrams and metaphors to make some foreign concepts more accessible.

16 Dec 2012 - 2:44pm
+3
1 year ago
1 reply
Terms:
Tonia M Bartz

The IxDA Speaker Network is Live

I'm so excited to announce that the IxDA Speaker Network is now live and those with interest in speaking at local events are able to submit their interest.

The goal of the speaker network is to not only allow groups with more access to speakers to share opportunities with other groups, but to give everyone a chance to speak on what is passionate to them. Many may not consider themselves speakers, but have great stories to tell, and we want to hear them.

16 Dec 2012 - 5:57am
52 weeks ago
1 reply
Angelo87

Mobile devices in fieldwork context

Hello to all,
i'm looking for articles/papers about UX of mobile devices (tablets) in fieldwork context.