Discussion Archive: January 2013

30 Jan 2013 - 6:49am
Terms:
Eddster

Where to place testimonials

Does anyone have any input on the following?

We're looking at adding in testimonials to a website for a client who provides building services. We were thinking of either putting them alongside the projects in his portfolio, on a "testimonials" page, or both.

Does anyone have any data on how effective either or all of these are together or alone? More importantly, has anyone seen any research that says whether people look at a testimonials page or prefer them inline or look for a separate page?

William Hudson

Reminder - Free Card-Sorting Webinars

(Apologies if you receive this more than once.)

Reminder - Free Card-Sorting Webinars

Just a brief reminder that the second of our free card-sorting webinars is coming up this Thursday. So if you’re trying to improve the navigation of your web or intranet solutions (or just find out where the rough spots are) do tune in.

27 Jan 2013 - 8:45am
1 year ago
3 replies
Rune Lund-Hermansen

PNG Express - New photoshop plugin for delivering UI designs and specs

Hi all,

I've released a Photoshop plugin focused on automating and optimizing the delivery of UI designs for development. It automates the slicing and exporting of PNG assets, and allows you to create matching UI design specs with concise information on element positions, dimensions, margins, font features etc.

It's a handy tool to greatly speed up your workflow while ensuring the consistency of your design deliverables. It's made for both individuals and design teams working on for applications, web sites, mobile apps, and similar.

25 Jan 2013 - 3:27pm
Jonathan Warner

Last Minute Discount: Interaction '13 ticket $750

Hey all:

Really trying to get rid of my ticket now. If you're able to make Interaction '13 in Toronto, starting in a few days, and don't have a ticket, here's your chance. The full registration is $950, but I'm offering it for $750. All offers accepted. 

Thanks,

Jonathan

jonathan(att)sustain(dott)us

25 Jan 2013 - 1:55am
1 year ago
2 replies
Nathan

Education Survey

I'd appreciate it if you could please take 5 minutes to complete this survey on continuing education. Please feel free to forward the survey link (below) to others you think might be interested in continuing education and graduate studies.

23 Jan 2013 - 11:58pm
1 year ago
3 replies
jadeefruit
22 Jan 2013 - 10:35pm
6 days ago
6 replies
Jonathan Warner

Interaction '13 ticket for sale

Hey folks:

Can't make it this year, and have one ticket at regular price ($950). Let me know if you're interested!

Jonathan

jonathan (att) sustain (dott) us

22 Jan 2013 - 8:48pm
pabini

Reminder: IxDA Silicon Valley Event at Yahoo! :: Jan 23 2013 :: Steven Hoober on Designing for Ecosystems Instead of Screens and Pages

Too often, we design systems for boxes—whether big, metal boxes that it would take a forklift to move or little plastic boxes that we carry around in our pockets—rather than thinking about how they are connected and how people can share and use them to do work. When it’s all about the computer or device, we design systems, tasks, and content that fit into those little boxes.

22 Jan 2013 - 4:46pm
1 year ago
1 reply
cshei

Nonprofit site redesigns

Hi all!

Just joined ixda, so hello to everyone..

I'm embarking on a website redesign with a nonprofit that works with enterprise to incorporate sustainability practices. I'd like to do internal stakeholder interviews to discover what their expectations/ higher end goals are for the new site.

Does anyone have experience with this kind of interview (I've mostly done end-user contextual interviews for consumer products), have input on how to communicate with stakeholders, what kind of questions yield the most valuable anwers, etc?

22 Jan 2013 - 11:03am
Amy Silvers

The 2013 IA Summit Program Is Live

The 2013 IA Summit takes place in Baltimore, MD, USA, from April 3 to April 7, 2013.

We're incredibly excited about the program for this year's conference, and we hope you will be too. You can view the full program here:

http://2013.iasummit.org/program

and register here:

http://2013.iasummit.org/register/