Discussion Archive: January 2013

22 Jan 2013 - 10:32am
milan

Book announcement: Intersection

Folks,

this is a plug for my new book about strategic design in the enterprise, which just got published by Morgan Kaufmann:

INTERSECTION: How Enterprise Design Bridges the Gap
    Between Business, Technology and People.
    http://intersectionbook.com

My topic touches quite a number of topics and disciplines, so please excuse the cross-posting.

21 Jan 2013 - 9:48am
1 year ago
7 replies
Ali Naqvi

Any experience with where to put upsell and cross sell options?

Hello,

I am the new Online Campaign Coordinator for a major web commerce site.

My task is also to improve the UX and improve sales.

Unfortunately there is no upsell option for a buyer when he chooses a product.

Do you guys have any experience with when to add such an option? Should it be listed together with the product before being chosen or after the product has been bought?

I have the attached following screen shots of what I want to A/B test.

17 Jan 2013 - 3:30pm
1 year ago
1 reply
Derek Chan

Interaction 13 Ticket For Sale

Due to a new opportunity that recently came up that requires me to stay in New York, I won't be able to attend Interaction 13 like I had planned.

I have one full conference ticket, priced at $950, that I need taken off my hands. If you missed the boat in securing yourself a ticket to this phenomenal event, please email me directly to make arrangements for purchase/transfer.

You can contact me at derekwchan (at) gmail (dot) com.

Cheers,
Derek

15 Jan 2013 - 3:17pm
CODowns

Project to Aid Envisionment Process

I'm looking for some opinions on a design-thinking tool that I'm designing as part of a university project.

15 Jan 2013 - 9:23am
1 year ago
11 replies
Nathan Hornby

Links: Underline vs Colour change

Hi all,

I'm struggling to find any research on this so was hoping to create a dialogue about it, an hopefully even track down some theory/studies that might relate to it.

Underlines VS Coloured text, both in the context of a static link and a hoverstate. What are your thoughts?

Personally: I think it's pretty negligable - but if there's any data I'd love to see it.

14 Jan 2013 - 5:05pm
1 year ago
3 replies
Jessica Boggs

Responsive Product Comparison Chart

We are currently working on creating responsive designs for a web site which provides/sells service-based products. The client wants the designs based off their desktop experience. One of the pages compares the service features in a side-by-side column format. Looks great in the desktop view but it not going to work in the smart phone view.

11 Jan 2013 - 4:54pm
Kendra Shimmell

Cooper UX Boot Camp: Fair Trade USA

At Cooper, we believe you learn best by putting new skills into practice solving the kinds of challenges designers face on a daily basis. That’s why we designed UX Boot Camp, a four-day crash-course in our user experience design methodology that gives you a real-world problem to solve along with the toolkit you’ll need to tackle it.

11 Jan 2013 - 4:54pm
Kendra Shimmell

Cooper UX Boot Camp: Fair Trade USA

At Cooper, we believe you learn best by putting new skills into practice solving the kinds of challenges designers face on a daily basis. That’s why we designed UX Boot Camp, a four-day crash-course in our user experience design methodology that gives you a real-world problem to solve along with the toolkit you’ll need to tackle it. You’ll take your designs from idea to inception with the mentorship of our best teachers and active feedback from a real client.

11 Jan 2013 - 1:01pm
Bruno Figueiredo

UXLx 2013 Talk Submissions

Hi fellow IxDAers:

Just to let you know that the UXLx Lightning Talks submission process is underway. If you're coming to UXLX and you're excited about a new technique you came up with, have interesting case studies to show or just want to share your extensive experience in a niche topic, this is your platform. And yes, you'll be joining a fantastic programme and the best speakers around.

11 Jan 2013 - 9:59am
paul turner

Wiki - "How-To Instructions" category in secondary navigation

Hi all,
I am reviewing a Wiki that has a grand set of information topics that fall into at least three categories: conceptual, procedural, and reference. The Wiki's secondary navigation is a vertical pane that includes the link text "How-To-Instructions".

If you click "How-To Instructions," you reach "How-To (noun phrase)" topics.
Visitors probably start their info quest by using the Wiki's search box or browsing by noun phrases in the primary menus to find procedural (how-to) information. I haven't examined web analytics yet.