Discussion Archive: June 2013

26 Jun 2013 - 2:16pm
IxDA Board of D...

Announcing Ben Fullerton as Chair of Interaction15

On behalf of IxDA's Board of Directors, it is a great pleasure to announce that Ben Fullerton, Creative Director at Morse Project in San Francisco, has been selected as Chair of Interaction15, to be held in North America in February 2015.

24 Jun 2013 - 12:28pm
IxDA Board of D...

Reminder: Interaction15 submission deadline is June 30

Interaction15 - the annual conference of the Interaction Design Association (IxDA) - returns to North America for 2015.The deadline to submit an offer to host the conference is June 30.

20 Jun 2013 - 9:33am
1 year ago
1 reply
eduiconf

edUi 2013 Conference

edUi 2013 Schedule Now Available

http://eduiconf.org/schedule/

You'll find sessions on:
Responsive Web Design
Designing Themes for Worpress and Drupal
Using Analytics to Improve User Experience
Social Media Strategies to Improve User Experience
Content Strategies That Work On All Devices
Faster Development with Bootstrap
Discover Library Collections with Google Glass

You'll also find sessions on:
19 Jun 2013 - 8:18pm
1 year ago
2 replies
Joe Sokohl

What we talk about when we talk about UX

What approaches and terminology do we use to talk to others about our day-to-day and long-term user experience work? How do we sell ourselves and get buy-in for our activities? Is there such a thing as too much transparency?

A panel of UXers from corporate, non-profit, startup and educational worlds discusses lessons learned from communicating UX work to internal stakeholders as well as clients.

19 Jun 2013 - 7:44pm
Rodrigo Sanchez

NYCUXPA Presents: Stephen Gates - How To Succeed In Mobile

WHEN:
25 Jun 2013
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM

RAPP 437 Madison Ave 3rd floor, btw 49th & 50th, New York, NY 10022

This session will be an in-depth look at the business, strategy, and user experience lessons Starwood has learned in the creation of their award winning mobile channels. Stephen Gates will talk about:

18 Jun 2013 - 8:41pm
1 year ago
1 reply
redheights

Should I go to UX Intensive or Cooper's UX Bootcamp?

These are both big money items.

Does anyone have experience with either or both?

Trying to decide which one of these to do.

18 Jun 2013 - 8:41pm
redheights

Should I go to UX Intensive or Cooper's UX Bootcamp

These are both big money items.

Does anyone have experience with either or both?

Trying to decide which one of these to do.

Jessica_HFES

$10,000 Human Factors Prize for social media research

There's still time to submit your human factors/ergonomics (HF/E) research on the effective and satisfying use of social media to win the 2013 Human Factors Prize. The prize recognizes excellence in HF/E research and carries a $10,000 cash award and publication of the winning paper in the journal, Human Factors. The deadline has been extended to July 15, 2013.

13 Jun 2013 - 4:11pm
Ali Naqvi

Which of these two examples is easy to understand and makes you want to buy

Dear members,

my task is to create a purchase page after a user has decided to buy a cell phone with a mobile deal.

The current page looks like this:

original.PNG

I have created the following page and will test it with optimizely. However, I would like to know your view as well.

Test2.png

12 Jun 2013 - 4:05am
1 year ago
1 reply
Sean Pook

Funding drive - start with the job board?

An idea for generating revenue. I remember being told that the majority of the jobs seen on the IxDA job board come from Coroflot thus are not jobs that have generated posting revenue for IxDA. The idea of paying for jobs is not a bad one but why not do the following:

1) Remove the connection with Coroflot entirely. Do Interaction designers really want to scroll through jobs for handbag designers and product developers to find their ideal job (bear in mind the existence now of several free to post UX specific job boards)?

2) Reduce the fee to make posting more attractive