Discussion Archive: January 2014

30 Jan 2014 - 5:28pm
45 weeks ago
5 replies
gizmomonster

Job titles - what's hot

Question,

I'm writing a job description for something I'm calling a "visual web designer" because the person would be doing visual design of websites and it's strong on the design side and less on the coding side and not a developer role. There isn't a lot of UX but there is a lot of visual design and production.

It includes:

Visual Design mockups for web app, marketing, mobile; Landing pages, banners, email newsletters, posting content in WP, some product design, production of assets, some html/css but not a lot.

30 Jan 2014 - 10:29am
+1
39 weeks ago
7 replies
lesliedann

Prototyping vs annotated wireframe deliverable

I am wondering if it is possible to create annotated wireframes with a browser chrome or a device around the UI that can be viewed in an annotated deliverable but then be able to remove the chrome/device in the prototype version of the same wireframe file. I.e. Maybe put the device/chrome in a layer that can be turned off when the prototype is generated? Anyone have ideas which programs may be able to do this?

29 Jan 2014 - 12:43pm
vishnu410

Universities for HCI

Hello 

Can you please suggest some Universities in US or UK which would be better to study Human Computer Interaction from the start or the universites which does not requires any prior experience to do a masters in HCI.

Thanks

28 Jan 2014 - 7:41pm
thegreatwarrior

MS in Interaction Design at CIID (Copenhagen Institute of Technology)

Hi All,

I looked through the forum but couldn't really find an answer to my question:

I am interested in getting a Masters in IxD and have been hearing a lot about CIID. Ultimately I would like to work in the US as that is where my family is and was wondering if somebody could shed some light on career opportunities after CIID in US. Do US companies, especially tech (as I have worked on IxD at Samsung for portable devices), come to CIID to recruit? What are the stats like?

Thanks,

28 Jan 2014 - 11:48am
44 weeks ago
0 replies
Dave Malouf

TU Delft students present their research findings for the IxD Education Summit

The students at TU Delft take create 5 videos that show us the results of the research they did around the topics that are selected to be discussed for this year's Interaction Design Education Summit happening as part of the workshop day at Interaction14 in The Netherlands in just one week from tomorrow.

There is still space for anyone interested in coming and working with peers across education and industry to help shape an even better education and career development path for people practicing Interaction Design.

26 Jan 2014 - 12:08pm
Cwodtke

Designer As Founder Class

I just started teaching a new class at CCA called Designer as Founder. Some notes on ithere http://www.eleganthack.com/designer-as-founder-week-one-class-notes/

I'd love oto hear opinions on this class. I'm teachign it based on lean Launchpad; i.e. the same class engineers and business folks get. wondering if you folks have opinions on that? 

As well, if you are a designer who joined an early-stage startup or started your own, what do you wish you'd know beforehand? 

25 Jan 2014 - 11:50am
yianlingyianling

Looking for Interaction14 ticket

I am wondering if anyone has a last minue change of plans and would wish to sell their ticket for the IxDA 2014 conference! 

Just 1 ticket will do!

Thank you so much!

Feel free to email everydayfutures@live.com 

23 Jan 2014 - 12:05pm
APEvents

MX 2014 Hosted by Adaptive Path

Where:55 Cyril Magnin Street
San Francisco, Cal
22 Jan 2014 - 4:56pm
Terms:
DJames

Relocating from London to the US

I've been working as an experience/interaction designer in London for the past five years, but am considering the feasibility of a move to the west coast of the US with my young family.

Does anyone have any recent experience of relocating from the UK to the US for a UX job? How easy is it to find UX jobs in the States that offer sponsorship/relocation support? Is it a total pipe dream?

Any advice much appreciated.

22 Jan 2014 - 4:55pm
+1
47 weeks ago
1 reply
JacobAlonzo

5+ Years required

I mentor someone who has the less than the 5 plus years of experience that most user experience jobs require.  I know there is much debate about this requirement, but I was wondering if it is more of a geographic requirement?  Also, is it really a  requirement at all?  I remember reading a job posting in 2006 requiring 10 years of experience in information architecture and most if not all of the common deliverables, but no portfolio requirement.