Discussion Archive

29 Sep 2009 - 3:42pm
Matt Nish-Lapidus

[EVENT] CanUX Early Registration until Sept. 30!

Hi Everybody!

I just wanted to forward on the info about CanUX, an amazing event
coming up in November. Early registration is on until Sept.

16 Feb 2011 - 6:36pm
5 years ago
5 replies
Jonathan Wheeler

SharePoint 2010 Resources

Hello all,

I am in the beginning / planning stages of an intranet site based in Sharepoint 2010.

Horror stories aside - I am trying to track down UX resources specifically related to:

13 Jan 2010 - 8:25am
Terms:
Jay Rogers

[JOB] - Software Interaction Design - Sydney Australia

Please direct questions and applications through the link below so we don't clutter the list.

Atlassian is looking for a web-based GUI and Collaboration Tool expert... here's the job posting:

http://www.atlassian.com/32/listing.jsp?jobID=64

Great Job, Great City.  Relocation & Visa support available.

8 Jul 2013 - 6:50am
+1
IxDconf

Interaction14 update -- Announcing our first two keynotes

Is there a perfect language?

In his book “The Search for the Perfect Language” Umberto Eco reminds us there was once perfect language that expressed, without ambiguity, the essence of all possible things and concepts.

Every language, every technology and design approach is a take on reality, a way to frame it and understand it. Every frame comes with its own way of interpreting the world. Computers with their abstract language made people’s life complicated. Interface and interaction design popped in to ease the journey.

19 Jun 2010 - 1:02pm
jet

Re: [IxDA] Help determine minimum viewing distance to small LCD display

On 6/18/10 15:36, varunr123 wrote: > Hi I have a user using a small 10.4" LCD display with a resolution of > 1024x768 and has an aspect ratio of 16x10. Could you please help me find > out what the minimum viewing distance (distance between the center of > the screen and user's eye) is and what additional factors may be > involved (like screen brightness, contrast, etc.) and how these factor > into the equation. Thanks a lot for your help! >

I would dig through the literature for virtual reality going back into the early 90s.

13 Mar 2008 - 5:00pm
Erez Kikin Gil

[Job] User Experience Research Lead, mountain view, ca, Microsoft, Full Time

:: User Experience Research Lead for Microsoft Silicon Valley Web Communications team ::

Our Silicon Valley User Experience team is seeking an experienced, talented, and creative research lead who is excited about joining one of Microsoft's most truly impactful and integrated user experience teams.

If you choose to join this team, you will have the opportunity to deeply impact products that reach hundreds of millions of users every day.

17 Oct 2007 - 4:33pm
Terms:
Oleh Kovalchuke

How to not change the design (YouTube) with a few commonsensical rules for the change

A quip.

YouTube has changed their design recently. One thing they did right about
the change initially - they didn't force the change: an unobtrusive message
had invited you to "try" the new layout before you switch.

8 May 2011 - 7:15pm
NYC IxDA

First-Annual Juried User Experience Awards: Submission Deadline Is May 15th

The UX groups in New York City (NYC-CHI, NYC IxDA, NYC UPA and the IA Meetup) have organized the first-annual juried User Experience Awards as part of 2011 Internet Week. The stated purpose of the awards is to showcase the value and importance of User Experience in creating successful digital products and services. New York UX professionals are encouraged to submit their work for award consideration. More information is available here:

27 Apr 2007 - 11:32am
9 years ago
3 replies
Kevin Silver1

Transcription Services

Hi,

Does anyone know of any good transcription services that are quick
and accurate? I have a bunch of interviews I need to get transcribed
and it seems that the local talent is stuck in the land of mana.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin Silver
Clearwired Web Services

10899 Montgomery, Suite C
Albuquerque, NM 87109

office: 505.217.3505
toll-free: 866.430.2832
fax: 505.217.3506

e: kevin at clearwired.com
w: www.clearwired.com

17 Feb 2011 - 1:34pm
5 years ago
1 reply
tarala

Qualitative Recruitment

I've been tasked with finding a vendor to conduct recruitment on behalf of a client for an un-moderated, online card sort. Vendor and card sort participants can be from anywhere in the country. Any suggestions or recommendations as to which firm(s) to contact? Thanks in advance!