Discussion Archive

8 Dec 2005 - 4:26pm
Lea Rauscher

JOB: Interaction Designer/Information Architect at Apples To Oranges (SF Bay Area/FT & contract)

Interaction Designer/Information Architect

You love users. You have a passion for making the user experience as easy and as useful as possible. You're tired of 90% of the web that is difficult and confusing and, with just a little thought and user testing, could be so much better. You believe people just need to use things, not learn them.

Apples To Oranges, a San Francisco Bay Area web consultancy firm, is looking for an Interaction Designer and Information Architect to drive the development of our online applications and website projects.

17 Jan 2005 - 6:24pm
Listera

R.I.P. Media Lab Europe

Speaking of things overseas:

Board of Directors announces closure of Media Lab Europe
<http://www.medialabeurope.org/news/release.php?id=76>

Beyond financial issues, is there any other significance attached to this
wrt Ireland, Europe, innovation, etc?

Ziya
Nullius in Verba

14 Jul 2010 - 8:00pm
4 years ago
29 replies
Richard Carson

Do you actually possess "design" skills

Hi,

I've recently encountered many Interaction Designers who call themselves "designers" yet have no drawing, photographic, layout or any artistic skills whatsoever. How is this even possible? Maybe the term "organizer" or " choreographer" should be more appropriate?

R.C.

31 Jan 2011 - 10:40am
4 years ago
1 reply
Terms:
mimojito

iPad personas

I am trying to find out if there is any existing or new research done on Apple iPad personas?

11 Feb 2010 - 4:00pm
sandramccarthy ...

Job Posting- Senior User Experience Designer- N. Andover, MA

My company has an opening for a Senior User Experience Designer.

If interested, contact Raynie Smith at rsmith at wsi.com

Senior User Experience Designer
Position Description:

This role will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of user experience designers, visual designers and product managers committed to developing innovative, easy-to-use, best-of-breed next-generation weather media production applications.

24 Feb 2004 - 1:33pm
Todd Warfel

IA Summit Dinner on Saturday...

Okay, one last update... I forgot to include the date.

Since most of us will be at the conference before hand, we can meet in
the hotel lobby of the conference. We'll meet there at 7:10pm.
Otherwise, see you at Manuel's.

So far we have a group of 25 people.

10 Oct 2008 - 8:55am
6 years ago
4 replies
Terms:
Kevin Silver1

Standards of Professional Practice

Hi,

Does anyone know of or use (abide by) Standards of Professional Practice other than the one AIGA has outlined? I'm interested to see if there are any alternatives.

Thanks,

Kevin

25 May 2010 - 4:45am
Lewis Milford

Nokia: Global Careers Group on LinkedIn

Hi All,

Just to give you a quick heads up that Nokia has now launched a careers group on LinkedIn. Please search for Nokia: Global Careers. We are aiming to create a one stop community for news, discussion and live roles. So far the response has been amazing and we have had hundreds of requests to join in the last couple of days alone.

So if you're thinking about a new role or if you're looking to engage in the Nokia Career community then please come and join.

Cheers

27 Apr 2011 - 12:59pm
David Lafon

Usability resources in London

Can anyone recommend a firm to do usability recruiting and facilitation in London?  Any ideas on what I can reasonably expect to pay?

Thanks in advance

Dave

12 Oct 2005 - 12:17pm
George Olsen

Silicon Valley Second Friday - Cancelled for October

I'm sorry to say that this month's Silicon Valley Second Friday is being
cancelled.