Discussion Archive

7 Dec 2009 - 11:00am
NYC IxDA

Re-cap of November Event Steve Portigal presents “Yes, My Iguana Loves to Cha-Cha: Improv, Creativity and Collaboration.”

On November 19 Steve Portigal presented “Yes, My Iguana Loves to Cha-Cha:
Improv, Creativity and Collaboration.” We’d like to thank our special guest
speaker for engaging us in a relaxed, informative, and truly interactive
evening of improv games that gave us fresh ways of thinking about our
creative work. Steve did a fantastic job facilitating a nicely-paced mix of
slide presentation, exercises with audience members, and subsequent group
discussion in which the room was openly engaged.

23 May 2005 - 11:02am
Wendy Fischer

Looking for visual designer for mobile device?

Hi,

I am looking for recommendations of contract visual designers for visual design on a handset.

Specifically they must have previous UI design for handsetswith an emphasis on visual design and creative direction. I am looking for somebody that has several years experience, some experience with either working for a design firm that specializes in mobile device design, or with experience in a corporate setting around mobile device design, and understands the nuances of visual design and usability issues specific to designing interfaces for mobile phones.

17 Sep 2010 - 3:31pm
3 years ago
1 reply
Terms:
Sara Spelz

Newspaper company looking for a UX mentor

I work for the newspaper division of E.W. Scripps, and - due to an increased interest in user experience by the execs - our small UX team is tasked with defining the term as it relates to our business as well as defining a strategy for applying UX principles to existing products and new projects.

What a mouthful.

30 Nov 2010 - 4:01pm
3 years ago
4 replies
shilpi seth

Designing signage - Universal Design

Hello all ,

I am under the process of designing signages keeping Universal design fundamentals.If anyboby is having any material or links regarding the same please share it , it will be of great use in my research .

6 Jun 2008 - 12:41pm
Julia Margherita

Job-Mobile Flash Developer Lead - San Francisco, CA-Adobe Systems-Recruiter-Full time

Please post:

Adobe (NASDAQ: ADBE) revolutionizes how the world engages with ideas and information. For 25 years, the company's award-winning software and technologies have redefined business, entertainment, and personal communications by setting new standards for producing and delivering content that engages people virtually anywhere at anytime. From rich images in print, video, and film to dynamic digital content for a variety of media, the impact of Adobe solutions is evident across industries and felt by anyone who creates, views, and interacts with information.

18 Aug 2008 - 8:38pm
5 years ago
3 replies
Scott McDaniel

New invitation from Scott McDaniel

You have been invited to connect as friends with Scott McDaniel <scott at scottopic.com>

Please accept or reject this invitation by clicking below:
http://www.bebo.com/in/7667589306a563147729b135

Please do not reply directly to this email.

12 Jan 2005 - 10:39am
9 years ago
1 reply
bill pawlak
9 Jan 2006 - 3:24pm
Wendy Fischer

Hiring local UX design contractor in Durham, NC

We are looking for a local contractor start work immediately on two projects.

Our company is a technology company that needs somebody to modify existing wireframes for 2 projects. There would also be some new product development work.

Ideally this person would have both mobile design and web design interface experience. You must be able to use Visio, create wireframes and have a portfolio of wireframing examples.

1 Apr 2010 - 11:32am
4 years ago
2 replies
corey pressman

ePub, iPad, iBook, ID

Anyone know anyone with solid experience converting/creating interactive texts in ePub, preferable using In Design?  We've some clients asking for iPad iBooks and are looking for someone to help and/or share best practices...

11 Aug 2005 - 5:28am
8 years ago
2 replies
Suresh JV

Mapping Windows Colour Scheme as a colour inMacromedia Flash

> Mark
> We are experimenting with wanting to change the background colour of our
> flash interface to the windows colour scheme.

Since flash allows CSS support and you may specify these colors in CSS. you
may
try one of these color codes. Known to work in IE and Firefox browsers. Not
sure
if it works within Flash. Do let me know if works for you.