16 Apr 2007 - 7:07pm
Danelle N. Blondin

JOB: Senior Interaction Designer, Redwood City California, Ingenuity Systems"

Ingenuity is a group of creative, energetic and motivated people helping
life science researchers understand core biological mechanisms. We
deliver systems biology expertise to biologists and bioinformaticists
through pathways analysis software, genome-scale computable network
datasets, and knowledge management services and infrastructure,
resulting in increased R&D productivity and faster drugs to market.

jkolko

Learn Interaction Design and Social Entrepreneurship in Austin - 3 weeks till applications are due

Hi,

If you are considering going back to school in the fall, I would like to invite you to apply to Austin Center for Design. AC4D is located in Austin, Texas, and our program is one-year long; classes are held on nights and weekends, and the program is an affordable $12,000. We offer a unique combination of courses in interaction design and in social entrepreneurship, and many of our students go on to found and run their own double-bottom-line businesses. 

26 Sep 2011 - 10:42pm
teeterrl

Help on Undergrad Project

I beginning my senior project, which includes research & implementation of a creative project. I am considering creating my research question to be: How have Social Networking Sites effected romantic relationships?  

My advisor suggested I use Processing software to create a map to visualize these interactions. I'm not sure if that is the right route to take. Even if it is, I need to find sample codes since I haven't had much training in Processing.

Does anyone have advice? 

15 Sep 2004 - 3:43pm
Clay Newton

User Acceptance Testing

Normally I would not post a question so specific to the QA process,
but I have been tasked with helping to define the QA process for User
Acceptance Testing at my company.

Does anyone on the list have experience with putting procedures such
as this in place?

I have found next to no UAT resources on the web. Most of them are
links to QA courses. Is anyone aware of resources that describe
standard UAT methods? I would love to find a couple of really useful
books or URLs w/ information on this topic.

Thanks!
Clay

14 Jul 2009 - 12:44pm
6 years ago
6 replies
Becky Reed

Writing for Information Scent?

...perhaps a bit off topic asking a content development question in here, but I was hoping since interaction has so much...well, interaction with content that perhaps someone might have insight they'd be willing to share.

Much of the work I've found around information foraging/scent, goal-oriented design, and mental models resonates well with IA and IxD folks, but I've struggled to get it to resonate with content developers.

Does anyone have personal experience translating or possibly seen anything published that translates the HOW (process, steps, what the difference is) of information sce

25 Nov 2013 - 6:08pm
+1
Dianna Miller

Student Design Challenge: deadline extended to Dec 8

Want to audition for the Interaction14 Student Design Challenge, but feel pressed for time due to finals?
1 Mar 2011 - 6:30am
5 years ago
3 replies
tgodding

Best practice file naming

Hi there

Anyone know of any resources or research available around best practice file & document naming. I'm doing some usability and accessibility auditing for a large company's website including putting together policy & guidelines.

Thanks TG

savvy

Incentives to get users to log in and personalize?

I'm working on a re-design of my company's online support community. In our re-design, we plan to offer many more features and customization/personalization options-- but users will need to be logged in to take advantage of them (e.g., suggestions of content and local community connections based on preferences, profiles and locations, ability to customize content and view, etc).

18 Nov 2008 - 2:03pm
node

JOB; Arabic speaking graphic designer; Barcelona(Spain); The Node Company

We are looking for a graphic designer who is fluent in English and Arabic and who has experience with Arabic typography (very important).

The candidate should be able to create high quality visual work and ideally also be familiar with interaction design (e.g. website design, interactive CDs, or mobile user interfaces).

The project is running till May 2009 and we are designing the look and feel of a new interactive TV platform for the Middle East.

28 Mar 2008 - 9:23am
8 years ago
2 replies
DrWex

SEO Rapper

So there's a guy up on YouTube with a whole series of raps on Web
design and similar topics (like Social Media Addiction:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0qMe7Z3EYg).
They're funny, and pretty accurate. I like the Design Coding one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0qMe7Z3EYg