Associate Creative Directors oversee the daily activities of
a team of designers assigned to multiple projects and cultivate an environment
of sustained creativity and professional growth. Associate Creative Directors
will assist the Creative Directors on design direction, team effectiveness, and
client relationships. They are also expected to play an active, hands-on role
in key projects.
* Provide daily management of the quality and tenor of the office and the
digital team’s creative work.
* Assist the CDs in the definition and guide the team in the direction, style,
* Collect feedback and best-case examples from the team and collaborate with
the CDs to drive the potential creative futures of both your team and the
broader frog design consultancy.
* Make yourself a ‘timely expert’ towards the creative needs of our key clients
in order to provide necessary creative insights and project oversight.
* Work with project leaders to ensure they are reading, interpreting, and
reacting appropriately to the strategic, logistic, and creative needs of the
* Participate in the creative role of new business pitches, proposal
development, and project initiation.
* Take a creative leadership role in at least one top-tier client.
* Oversee the creative output of your team.
* Monitor and drive an ideal balance in the available skills and personality of
the team towards the needs of our customers.
* Monitor and drive the team to utilize the best and latest methods and tools
to be competitive.
* Help develop the culture and mindset of the team to ensure they are healthy,
happy, inventive, curious, and open.
* Mentor the careers of your direct reports.
* Manage day-to-day operations of the digital design team, including setting
priorities, assigning resources, and ensuring project goals are achieved
* Oversee simultaneous projects from inception to completion, reviewing project
plans, designs, and deliverables
* Identify and implement process improvements to meet project and team needs
* Mentor digital designers and help them set and achieve satisfying career
* Establish performance objectives, write performance reviews, and make compensation
* Participate in recruiting and hiring digital designers
* Promote a culture of innovation and teamwork
* Establish and nurture good client working relationships
* Participate in new business development activities
* At least two years experience managing a digital design team
* At least seven years professional digital design experience
* Strong leadership and people management skills
* Proven ability to mentor and develop skills in junior digital designers
* Strong knowledge of design process and project management
* Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including the ability to
communicate effectively in small and large groups at all levels of a client
* Ability to negotiate and coordinate with multiple groups and disciplines
* Bachelors degree in a design-related discipline