Candidates submit your resume and portfolio to Frank Gruger email@example.com
An Information Architect at Orbitz Worldwide will work closely with
multi-disciplinary teams in planning, designing, defining, testing and
advancing the user experience for web-based travel booking, management
and marketing products. Information Architects at OWW will work in a
highly collaborative environment to ensure that OWW’s user experience
adheres to industry best practices, is highly usable, reflects internal
standards, utilizes advanced interface concepts, and is in alignment
with OWW’s business goals.
· Lead and promote the user
· Create, maintain and continue to
evolve the user experience and interactions for OWW online products.
Evaluate the scope of projects and provide high-level and detailed
estimates for the IA portion of initiatives.
· Identify, track and recommend solutions for project
· Generate detailed project plans for IA
portions of initiative in which tasks are appropriately categorized and
· Stay abreast of technical and functional dependencies
across multiple initiatives.
· Work closely with Director
of Information Architecture to manage availability, report on status
and plan for future efforts.
· Develop a broad understanding of OWW’s and the
competition’s business, technologies and products.
closely with internal teams to ensure that user experience best
practices are promoted.
· Work closely with internal teams to ensure that they are
aware of what is being proposed and that their expertise is utilized
· Work closely with Product Marketing
teams to ensure that product requirements are understood, complete and
then transformed into user experiences that are sensitive to the user’s
needs, the business goals and any the constraints of technology.
· When necessary, work closely with Product Marketing and
Technology teams to develop requirements and use cases through ideation,
visual concepts and prototyping.
· Effectively present
proposals, concepts and solutions to internal stakeholders.
· Work closely with Product Marketing and internal research
teams to understand consumer needs prior to efforts and evaluating
usability of designs that are both in progress and final.
Work with IA team to establish and continue to evolve documentation
standards and internal processes.
· Present finalized and in progress designs to designers,
editors, user interface engineers, QA and back-end developers to gather
feedback and to assist the efforts of these teams in the development of
their project plans, estimates, feasibility assessments and risk
· When necessary, create or assist in the creation of both
low and high fidelity prototypes for usability evaluations and as a
means to gather feedback.
· Create and maintain documents
such as wire frames, flow charts, site maps, screen maps, functional
specifications, project plans and template trackers.
· Plan, participate in, observe and report on usability