Based in NYC’s
Union Square, Knewton is poised to revolutionize the practice of
education with the world’s most powerful adaptive learning engine.
Today, our revenues come from our next-gen online test prep classes, but
our vision is much wider. We are a startup rich in eclectic
personalities and are ridiculously dedicated. We are unified around a
passion for democratizing education - a lofty goal, but our investors
think we're on to something. We have also been recognized as a
Technology Pioneer for 2011 from the World Economic Forum in Davos.
this gets you excited, listen up. We need strong Interaction Designers
who will fundamentally shape our platform and consumer-facing products.
You have 4-8 years experience designing complex systems of interactions
with intuitive interfaces. Preference will be given to people who
demonstrate a range of work in rich, consumer-facing internet
applications. You will join a 3-4 person design team as one of two key
- Help define business opportunities, conduct user research and translate insights into consumer-facing experiences.
- Conduct stakeholder interviews, design research, user research, and usability testing
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams in the creation of best-in-class user experiences.
- Responsible for strong conceptual and strategic directions and clearly dialogue those ideas to the team
- Create concept models, site maps, user interface sketches, logic flows, schematics, and prototypes.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in product design, social media, retail.
- Possess a firm understanding of the capabilities of the latest web browser technology
- Quality Assurance - during development, track and monitor quality of the user experience
Working at a startup is different.Are you game?
move rapidly and collaborate closely. And we get things done. The right
designer will possess a strong point of view but be a team player who
respects and leverages the impassioned input of those from other
disciplines. You are also someone who is not rigid in your methodology,
but enjoys the challenge of adapting your process to the varying needs
of each project as you see fit. Finally, you are not shy about taking
the bull by the horns, organizing your projects and driving them across
the finish line. In return, you put your personal fingerprint on a
Send work samples + resume as well as why you're interested to: firstname.lastname@example.org Preference given to full-time applicants, but open to on-site (at least 50% of time) contract work in our offices in Union Square, New York City
Post a Job
Add information about a job opportunity that supports IxDA's mission to improve people's experiences with technology.