The User Interface Designer owns all UI, UX and visual design on Mixbook.com and associated applications. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in all areas of web application and visual design, with a focus on design that is at the same time both incredibly intuitive (don't make me think) and highly converting (get the user to the goal). If you are a top notch designer who gets excited about building products that people love to use and tell all their friends, this might be the role for you. This position will be tough, yet extremely rewarding. You will embody Mixbook visually. You should be a creative soul and brilliantly talented!
- Reporting directly to the CEO, own Mixbook’s look and feel.
- Work with the team to design the next version of Mixbook.com.
- Own design of Mixbook.com, all social networking applications, mini-sites, and landing pages.
- Build out new Mixbook page designs and application features.
- Design and manage the user activation and conversion processes on Mixbook.com.
- Create a style guide to be used by developers to launch new pages and features.
- Icon and Graphic development.
- 3+ years experience working on large consumer-facing web applications as a UI designer.
- Strong portfolio of graphic design experience. (Show us what you can do!)
- Extensive knowledge of Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator.
- A strong, clean visual design sense.
- Experience designing for Adobe Flex applications is a big plus.
- Experience with end-user usability testing is a plus.
- Strong communication skills - if you have a problem with something, you speak up.
- Extremely hard working. You should be ready to make Mixbook a priority in your life.
- Thrive on working with A-players. You’re too good to spend long hours with B-players.
- Passion for building a great consumer product that everyone will love and use.
- Easy to get along with – people genuinely like you and enjoy working with you. And they’ll tell us that!
Mixbook is a profitable, rapidly growing startup that offers the most customizable way to create photo books and cards on the web. Users can share their creations online for free or purchase professional-quality photo books and cards to share in person. Over 2 million people have created over 5 million photo books on Mixbook’s platform.
We’re looking for talented and passionate people who take pride in giving customers a phenomenal and enriching online experience.
Post a Job
Add information about a job opportunity that supports IxDA's mission to improve people's experiences with technology.