Nationwide’s Web User Experience (UE) team is seeking a Consultant, Web
User Experience to serve in a client-facing account management
capacity. This individual will provide both business and Information
Technology (IT) partners a single point of contact for all their user
experience design and usability needs.
This individual will be
responsible for consulting with leaders in the business units to help
shape strategy and project approaches to include user-centered design
processes. They will also ensure that all user experience deliverables
align with business segment strategies. They will partner with all
areas of IT, user experience, web design and marketing.
applicants will have 5+ years in the field of user experience design
with proven experience leading user experience design teams through
projects. Interactive agency or consulting experience is a plus.
What you will do: *
Provide strategic user experience consulting for business segments to
help ensure user experience expertise is leveraged at the right times
in the process.
* Partner closely with business partners in the business units, and technology partners in the IT organization
* Create project proposals, approaches and statements of work for user experience work necessary on projects.
* Pull together the appropriate user experience teams from the resource pools.
* Manage the project demand for business partners and infiltrate to the user experience organization.
* Ensure on-time and on-budget delivery for user experience work on projects.
Oversee project team approaches, methodologies and deliverables to
ensure they are aligned with the business strategy and vision.
* Contribute to UE project activities and deliverables, particularly in the more upstream type of Discovery work.
* Work with the business units during business case development and funding.
Become an expert in the areas of the business you are focused on and
help transfer that knowledge to the user experience design resources
working on the projects.
***This position can be filled at an
H band Senior Consultant, Web User Experience (director level) for
individuals with 7+ years experience in the interactive project
management and user experience field.***
Nationwide, based in
Columbus, Ohio, is one of the largest and strongest diversified
insurance and financial services organizations in the U.S. and is rated
A+ by A.M. Best. The company provides a full range of personalized
insurance and financial services, including auto insurance, motorcycle,
boat, homeowners, life insurance, farm, commercial insurance,
administrative services, annuities, mortgages, mutual funds, pensions,
long-term savings plans and health and productivity services. For more
information, visit www.nationwide.com.