Blink Interactive is looking for a full-time candidate to fill the role
of Usability Engineer on our User-Centered Design team. We provide a
growth-oriented environment with a wide range of clients from Fortune
500 companies to start-ups.
The Usability Engineer's responsibilities will include:
* Planning, conducting and analyzing usability testing.
* Writing usability reports and presentations for clients, as well as
editing video highlights from usability testing sessions.
* Proposing and delivering evaluations that assess and ensure the
usability and effectiveness of interfaces for their intended users.
* Advocating for users while understanding the business goals of
Usability Engineers at Blink Interactive apply a wide range of
user-centered design methodologies and cognitive psychology concepts
while analyzing user interface issues and end-user preferences.
Usability Engineers perform heuristic analysis, cognitive walkthroughs,
design user interfaces, and conduct usability testing.
Candidates must have:
* Formal education in usability engineering or equivalent hands-on
experience to demonstrate an understanding of Usability theory, methods,
* Experience designing and conducting usability studies.
* A strong business sense, excellent written and oral communication
skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects at one time.
Ideally, candidates will have:
* A working knowledge of browser-based technology
* A high comfort level with computer hardware and experience with lab
and testing equipment set up.
* Experience or a working knowledge of video editing techniques.
* Experience in user interface design for websites, software and/or
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume to:
careers at blinkia.com. Resumes should include URLs to current work, if
available. This position is based in Mountain View, California. We are
not offering relocation assistance at this time.