JOB: Sr. UI Designer - Full Time at AOL in Mountain View, CA (USA)
19 May 2006 - 5:47pm
uijobs at aim.com
The AOL Experience Design Team is looking for a Senior UI designer for our Mountain View, California Development office.
You will help drive the user interface design for our web based mail & calendar products including AOL and AIM Mail. You will create flow diagrams, wireframes, and detailed interaction specifications for use by Engineering and Quality Assurance. You should have a good understanding of email, calendar, instant messaging and other communication applications on the web.
· Must have excellent interpersonal and discussion skills to deal with various organizational team members from Development to Product Management and VP's.
· Proven track record of working collaboratively with Product Management, Engineering, Business owners, and Quality Assurance throughout all phases of a project.
· Lead brainstorming and ideation sessions to generate innovative solutions to complex design problems.
· Not afraid to question problem definitions and reframe problems to address the underlying issues.
· Enthusiastic drive to apply research practices and HCI/User-Centered design principles in innovative ways (i.e. rapid prototyping techniques, paper prototyping, concept mapping, card sorting, etc.).
· Critically review user interface designs from a user-centered design perspective.
· Experience designing rich internet applications or classic desktop applications.
· Solve complex user interface design problems.
· Possess good diagramming and screen layout skills to create product flows, navigation maps and screen layouts.
· Possess proficiency in industry standard UI design software in the basics (Illustrator, Photoshop, Visio, OmniGraffle, PowerPoint, Acrobat).
· Visualize and model complex concepts, workflows and navigation systems. Experience with shipping products, and cross-platform design experience is preferred.
· Flash, Dreamweaver, or other dynamic/interactive prototyping experience is a huge plus!
Please email your portfolio URL and resume to uijobs at aim.com
Check Out the new free AIM(R) Mail -- 2 GB of storage and industry-leading spam and email virus protection.