Examples of Hover Interactions

26 May 2006 - 5:37am
8 years ago
8 replies
1421 reads
Todd Warfel
2003

Hi all

Can any one provide examples of sites that use mouse hover interactions such
as GAP.com?

they don't have to be particularly good or usable examples.

Thanks

Comments

26 May 2006 - 6:23am
Juan Lanus
2005

In Amazon, for example:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0764526413/qid=1148642210/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-9279188-7399308?s=books&v=glance&n=283155
there is hover interaction (is this what you mean?) in the book cover
and in the "See all 34 product categs" tab.
It's similar to a foldout menu, only here they have provided ample
margins to avoid the annoying problem of when the user moves the
pointer slightly ouside the area and everything unfolds.
--
Juan Lanus
TECNOSOL
Argentina

26 May 2006 - 6:27am
Baron Lane
2005

some of my favorite hover effects are on the Hank III discussion board.. It's a nice fade done with JavaScript.

Baron

http://64.247.23.87/phpBB2/

"howzat.uk" <howzat.uk at gmail.com> wrote: [Please voluntarily trim replies to include only relevant quoted material.]

Hi all

Can any one provide examples of sites that use mouse hover interactions such
as GAP.com?

they don't have to be particularly good or usable examples.

Thanks
________________________________________________________________
Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
List Guidelines ............ http://listguide.ixda.org/
List Help .................. http://listhelp.ixda.org/
(Un)Subscription Options ... http://subscription-options.ixda.org/
Announcements List ......... http://subscribe-announce.ixda.org/
Questions .................. lists at ixda.org
Home ....................... http://ixda.org/
Resource Library ........... http://resources.ixda.org

---------------------------------
Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1&cent;/min.
__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

26 May 2006 - 6:37am
Todd Warfel
2003

Thanks for the examples, I should have said I am looking for specifically
fly-out menu type interactions such as the amazon one.

On 26/05/06, Baron Lane <baronlane at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> some of my favorite hover effects are on the Hank III discussion board..
> It's a nice fade done with JavaScript.
>
> Baron
>
> http://64.247.23.87/phpBB2/
>
> *"howzat.uk" <howzat.uk at gmail.com>* wrote:
>
> [Please voluntarily trim replies to include only relevant quoted
> material.]
>
>
>
> Hi all
>
> Can any one provide examples of sites that use mouse hover interactions
> such
> as GAP.com?
>
> they don't have to be particularly good or usable examples.
>
> Thanks
> ________________________________________________________________
> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> List Guidelines ............ http://listguide.ixda.org/
> List Help .................. http://listhelp.ixda.org/
> (Un)Subscription Options ... http://subscription-options.ixda.org/
> Announcements List ......... http://subscribe-announce.ixda.org/
> Questions .................. lists at ixda.org
> Home ....................... http://ixda.org/
> Resource Library ........... http://resources.ixda.org
>
>
> ------------------------------
> Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates
> starting at 1¢/min.
>
> __________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
> http://mail.yahoo.com
>
> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman7/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39666/*http://messenger.yahoo.com>
>
>

26 May 2006 - 8:25am
Ferran Alvarez
2005

An interesting one can be found here:

http://www.voodoopc.com/default.aspx

Ferran Alvarez
ferran.alvarez at bryte.biz

------------------------------

<howzat.uk at gmail.com> wrote: [Please voluntarily trim replies to include
only relevant quoted material.]

Hi all

Can any one provide examples of sites that use mouse hover interactions such
as GAP.com?

they don't have to be particularly good or usable examples.

Thanks

--
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.7.1/348 - Release Date: 25/05/2006

26 May 2006 - 8:34am
Renato Almeida
2005

Netflix .com makes good use of hoover interaction for movie details.

Renato

On 5/26/06, howzat. uk <howzat.uk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [Please voluntarily trim replies to include only relevant quoted
> material.]
>
> Hi all
>
> Can any one provide examples of sites that use mouse hover interactions
> such
> as GAP.com?
>
> they don't have to be particularly good or usable examples.
>
> Thanks
> ________________________________________________________________
> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> List Guidelines ............ http://listguide.ixda.org/
> List Help .................. http://listhelp.ixda.org/
> (Un)Subscription Options ... http://subscription-options.ixda.org/
> Announcements List ......... http://subscribe-announce.ixda.org/
> Questions .................. lists at ixda.org
> Home ....................... http://ixda.org/
> Resource Library ........... http://resources.ixda.org
>

26 May 2006 - 10:41am
jstanford
2003

The new Yahoo site www.yahoo.preview has hover interactions on the right
side with the mai/messenger/etc. buttons.

Julie

_____________________________________
Julie Stanford
Principal, Sliced Bread Design | www.slicedbreaddesign.com
650-799-7225

> -----Original Message-----
> From: discuss-bounces at lists.interactiondesigners.com
> [mailto:discuss-bounces at lists.interactiondesigners.com] On
> Behalf Of Renato Almeida
> Sent: Friday, May 26, 2006 6:34 AM
> To: howzat. uk
> Cc: discuss at ixda.org
> Subject: Re: [IxDA Discuss] Examples of Hover Interactions
>
> [Please voluntarily trim replies to include only relevant
> quoted material.]
>
> Netflix .com makes good use of hoover interaction for movie details.
>
>
> Renato
>
>
> On 5/26/06, howzat. uk <howzat.uk at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > [Please voluntarily trim replies to include only relevant quoted
> > material.]
> >
> > Hi all
> >
> > Can any one provide examples of sites that use mouse hover
> > interactions such as GAP.com?
> >
> > they don't have to be particularly good or usable examples.
> >
> > Thanks
> > ________________________________________________________________
> > Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> > To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org List Guidelines
> > ............ http://listguide.ixda.org/ List Help
> ..................
> > http://listhelp.ixda.org/ (Un)Subscription Options ...
> > http://subscription-options.ixda.org/
> > Announcements List ......... http://subscribe-announce.ixda.org/
> > Questions .................. lists at ixda.org Home
> > ....................... http://ixda.org/ Resource Library
> ...........
> > http://resources.ixda.org
> >
> ________________________________________________________________
> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org List Guidelines
> ............ http://listguide.ixda.org/ List Help
> .................. http://listhelp.ixda.org/ (Un)Subscription
> Options ... http://subscription-options.ixda.org/
> Announcements List ......... http://subscribe-announce.ixda.org/
> Questions .................. lists at ixda.org Home
> ....................... http://ixda.org/ Resource Library
> ........... http://resources.ixda.org
>

26 May 2006 - 10:53am
jstanford
2003

Here's a cool article on hover that may be of interest. It summarizes
examples very nicely.
http://looksgoodworkswell.blogspot.com/2005/11/musings-on-mouse-hover.html

Julie

_____________________________________
Julie Stanford
Principal, Sliced Bread Design | www.slicedbreaddesign.com
<http://www.slicedbreaddesign.com/>
650-799-7225

26 May 2006 - 3:02pm
Jared M. Spool
2003

At 06:37 AM 5/26/2006, howzat.uk wrote:
>Can any one provide examples of sites that use mouse hover interactions such
>as GAP.com?

Check out Netflix's use when you move the mouse over a movie title.

Jared

Jared M. Spool, Founding Principal, User Interface Engineering
510 Turnpike Street, Suite 102, North Andover, MA 01845
978 327-5561 jspool at uie.com http://www.uie.com
Blog: http://www.uie.com/brainsparks

Syndicate content Get the feed