Netflix is looking for a User Interface Engineer (Los Gatos, CA)
7 Jun 2006 - 6:35pm
Netflix is the world's largest online DVD movie rental service, offering more
than 4.9 million members access to 60,000 titles. Our appeal and success are
built on providing the most expansive selection of DVDs; an easy way to
choose movies; and fast, free delivery. Our superior website is one of the
vital components to our success in creating a consumer friendly experience
and supporting our rapidly growing business.
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated User Interface Engineer for
our UI research efforts. The ideal candidate will have a great sense of key
issues and solutions around UI. The scope of the prototypes spans building
advanced interfaces of the Netflix Infrastructure to aiding in our
Electronic Delivery efforts.
We are looking for a User Interface development expert. A sharp eye for
detail, and a good sense of design and context transition is required.
Additionally, a methodical approach to development and a mindset for tool
building is a must.
The successful candidate will be someone who is highly motivated, dedicated
to developing a quality product, curious, and a team player. Inventiveness,
creativity, and an ability to show us new ways of looking at things is a
must. This person will have experience understanding issues related to the
“ten-foot” interaction experience and embedded devices.
• Strong knowledge C#.
• Solid knowledge of JSP, Java, and Java Servlets
• Able to apply real-world HCI principles
• Must be able to demonstrate a proficiency in XML design
• Strong understanding of cross-browser differences
• Excellent verbal and written communications
• Ability to work seamlessly in a team development environment
• Desire to work in a fast paced, evolving, growing, dynamic environment
• Complete understanding of the full cycle development (design, development
• Enjoy technical challenges and constantly strives to improve existing
• Knowledge and experience with Windows Presentation Foundation (WinFX)
• Developing high-quality, efficient web pages
• Solid understating of the DOM and how to traverse it
• In-depth understanding and experience with CSS. Must be able to
demonstrate effective uses of CSS and style inheritance
Education and Experience
• BS or MS degree in Computer science or equivalent
• 6+ years professional web development experience, preferably in e-commerce
• 2+ years professional C# development experience